Re-skinning Samsung Default Dialer

Guest ular_king
hey guys, i tried replacing the 2 files but error came up. saying cannot copy or replasced files. make sure its not currently in use. what should i do?

U need something like Resco Explorer to replace the files...default windows explorer does not allow that.

Guest ular_king
nice dialers;-)

hope you'll implement landscape too

Its very time consuming changing the graphics....I will try to implement landscape mode for the most downloaded skin if time permits... :huh:

Edited by ular_king

Guest ular_king
Ular,

I've installed the sdkcert but it still doesn't work. Are you shure about your JG5 file ?

What about the other JG5 skin....did it work?

Guest superdarkyaya

My bro Ular, i don't understand anything !!! No theme is not working on my phone (with rom JG5 original)

When i want to open the dialer by cliking, nothing appears !!!!!! Nothing !! I've no dialer !!

JG5 OTHERS USERS It works does it to you !!!!!!????

Guest raheeg
My bro Ular, i don't understand anything !!! No theme is not working on my phone (with rom JG5 original)

When i want to open the dialer by cliking, nothing appears !!!!!! Nothing !! I've no dialer !!

JG5 OTHERS USERS It works does it to you !!!!!!????

It doesnt work for me either. When I press on the call button after replacing the file (after renaming it of course), no dialer appears. I tried HTC v2 and v3 both. I am using PDA Jd3, CSC jd5, Phone JD1.

Any solutions?

Guest ular_king
Same bug !!!!!!!!

Ular-King, have you any solution ??! :huh:

How did you copy the SECDialerRES.dll into your /windows folder? You need to use file utilities like Resco Explorer to do that. Maybe someone can help create a cab out of the skins to get it install as i have not play with cab creator before.

Guest raheeg
How did you copy the SECDialerRES.dll into your /windows folder? You need to use file utilities like Resco Explorer to do that. Maybe someone can help create a cab out of the skins to get it install as i have not play with cab creator before.

I used Resco Explorer and then I did restarted the device as well. Ular King, anyway no probs. May be it just doesnt work with my ROM (and some more). Would have loved to have that dialer on my phone but bad luck! ;) :huh:

Guest ular_king
Me too !! Used Resco and soft reset..

Could this be because of language differences? My built is default English.....

Can you send me your SECDialerRES.dll for me to take a peep?

Guest Lancez
Still doesn't work ................ :huh: It's crazy no !!?? When i path it, i lost any diale, the same bug like others skins...

i dont know if its gonna work for u, but it worked for me all the time. very simple way, u just need file explorer. disable samsung dialer>reset, rename the new dll like = SECDialerRes.1.dll, copy it to windows folder then rename it back to SECDialerRes.dll, reset. enable samsung dialer>reset.

Guest raheeg
i dont know if its gonna work for u, but it worked for me all the time. very simple way, u just need file explorer. disable samsung dialer>reset, rename the new dll like = SECDialerRes.1.dll, copy it to windows folder then rename it back to SECDialerRes.dll, reset. enable samsung dialer>reset.

Hey, I didnt disable the dialer. I just overwrote the file. May be that is why it doesnt work? How do you disable the dialer? :huh:

Guest Lancez
Hey, I didnt disable the dialer. I just overwrote the file. May be that is why it doesnt work? How do you disable the dialer? :huh:

check post #63

Guest superdarkyaya

i never disable the original Samsung dialer too !

Txh Master Lancez, i'll try this tweak..

Edited by superdarkyaya