Desire on Boot Loop and I can't fix it!

Guest AV1985

Guest AV1985

Hi,

Basically, am using Paul's r21 MCR on my Desire. So yes, rooted, etc.

It's been working fine but today, when I boot it up with the memory card in, it just gets stuck in a loop. The quietly brilliant takes ages to come on, and then it goes to a black screen. If I leave this black screen long enough, it boots again but I can't do anything.

I have tried wiping everything in recovery and reflashing the Rom to the same problem.

When I boot with the microSD out, it boots fine though of course, I don't have any (or many) of my apps, settings etc.

I HAVE backed up via TB very recently.

Does anyone have any ideas?!

Thanks.

yeah, happened to me as well regardless of any updating I did. Phone just got stuck when I tried to launch an application and that's it. reboot.

My problem was that the SD Card somehow got screwed. Trying to read it in my PC failed.

So I had to start the whole new dance again.

I did a reset to factory default, did the root procedure again, flashed the froyo rom and I'm back on buisness.

The weird thing is that even though I put a good SD Card, it didn't help. Somehow it was a combination of screwed SD Card + maybe an invalid pointer from the ROM/startup sequence into the SD Card.

Can't really tell what was the real problem, but this is how I solved it.