Barcode

Guest lazyeejay

Guest lazyeejay

Is there a way or an app that will allow you to attach a barcode to an apk file on your pc so that it can be downloaded onto your phone via the scanner. I ask because I think my usb lead is dead and wanted to see if there was a better way than to keep switching the phone off, removing the card, putting it in a reader etc etc. (Before any smartass says buy a new lead :) , I just thought if you could make your own barcode for your apks, it would be a neat way to install individual things quickly). Cheers.

Guest Cooperman_UK

There is a QR Generator here

You could host the .apk files on private webspace and link to it via the QR Generator url option?

Edited by Cooperman_UK

Guest lazyeejay
There is a QR Generator here

You could host the .apk files on private webspace and link to it via the QR Generator url option?

Pefect :) Just what I needed, I dont mind hosting the apps to a fileserver. This is as good as I needed. Thanks alot.

Guest petermgates

If you want to quickly send apps to your phone you could try dropbox. Either that or set up ftp on your computer and then something like andftp on your desire.

Guest lazyeejay
If you want to quickly send apps to your phone you could try dropbox. Either that or set up ftp on your computer and then something like andftp on your desire.

Thanks, another great idea. Trying it out on the free 2gb and it also works like a charm :D

Guest bbawden

I would recommend AppBrain. You can install that, plus another app called Fast Web Installer. Then, when you click Install on the AppBrain website (on either PC or your phone browser) it will push the app to your phone which will automatically download it.