desire flashed to froyo....now i dont have 3g??

Guest gaziz45

Guest gaziz45

hi guys, complete noob to rooting and android.....yes i know i should have never bothered....lol but i love a challenge..

heres my problem. using a mix of the advice and files available on modaco and on rootmydroid.co.uk i have managed to turn my desire from a vodafone "branded" (yes i did have the ugly update...thought it was froyo like the rest of vodas customers) into a rooted and then 2.2 version and it still works!! (many many thanx to all who have taken the time to write it all down in a format that even i can understand)

my phone works....all my apps stayed there (except of course the vodafone cr*p) it was marvellous, except for one tiny thing....mnow it wont connect to vodafone 3g network. that is i have no data link from my phone. if i use the wi-fi then its fine and i can connect to my home network and its peachy. if i use my mobile as standalone i get no data transfer. any ideas?

here is some info from my phone.

android 2.2

baseband version

32.43.00.32u_5.09.00.20

kernel

2.6.32.15-gf9c0527

htc-kernel@and18-2#1

bulid number

2.09.405.8 CL218634 release-keys

software number

the only other thing i guess you need to know is that im at hboot 80.

any help would be most humbly accepted.

again thanx for all you done up to now...

gary

Guest mcwarrior

i would think you would need to add the internet settings in the the APN, for the vodafone network.

to find thses press menu, settings, wireless & networks, Mobile Networks, and Access point Names, and enter the inforemation from the voda web site.

Guest ceedee

After a manual upgrade to HTC's 2.2 on my unlocked and unbranded Desire (to exactly the same version as the OP) and re-inputting the APN info for the 02-based VMNO, giffgaff, the phone similarly couldn't make a 3G data connection.

Exactly the same APN parameters had worked flawlessly on the Desire at 2.1 and in another phone both at 1.5 and when uprated to 2.1.

Sounds to me like either some networks can't accept FroYu 3G connections or there's a bug in Froyu itself.

Incidentally, after several hours of fruitless tinkering, I tried a 3UK sim which connected immediately at HSDPA without any problems.

Guest gaziz45

hi guys sorry wifes day off wednesday...so im not allowed near a computer...lol

fixed my problem.

i remembered that when i first started in 2.2 my phone said "new simcard confirm" or something like that.

i said yup and then went and put into the network stuff vodafone and got the settings n stuff from the voda website...

soooooo when i couldnt do anything with the 3g i went back into the settings for network and selected "default settings", again phone said "new simcard detected" so i agreed again and there it was.. 3g wireless everything was back....yahooo....and on the very day that vodafone said they would give us an unbranded froyo.....too late guys i got one hahaha

thanx for the replies guys and hope my experience helped at least one person.

gary

Guest ascot17

I had a similar problem after flashing Froyo MCR r5 (T-Mobile UK).

Resolved as follows:

Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names

(Selected T-mobile UK)

Went back to Wireless & Network settings, deselected 'Mobile Network' and then reselected it.

Problem solved!