Update failed(2.1) on Huawei U8230

Guest night_pz

Guest night_pz

Hello

I'm a newbie in the world of Android. I've got Huawei U8230 from France. It comes with Android 1.5

Of course I wanted 2.1 and downloaded the newest rom from official site: U8230 V100R001C75B828(Portugal TMN)

My original French build number is V100R001C101B219SP02 and in the PDF of the Portuguese ROM I read it is supported. But when update procedure reaches about 90% it says "Update filed" and i have to flash back original french 1.5 to make it work.

Where is the problem?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest night_pz
There are two versions of Huawei 8230 - the "old" one and the "new".

Older one had less free space and it couldn't handle the upgrade to Android 2.1.

Huawei removed the additional languages for older phones now and the solution is here:

Android 2.1 for Huawei 8230

Thank you for your answer, it is more clear to me now.

But I have a problem. I tried all 3 firmwares("Redbull Android 2.1 Switzerland", "Redbull Android 2.1 Austria" and "Huawei 8230 Android 2.1 Austria") but every time is the same: "Prepairing to upgrade" and few seconds later "Update Filed"(with flashing buttons). Here is the log:

**** SD download log ****

Failure: OEMSBL version unmatched.

Failure: operation did not succeed.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Do you have any idea why this is happening? I Think it has something to do with the fact I firstly tried to install "U8230 V100R001C00B831(Malaysia TENTEN)"(unsuccessful) and it messed my boot!

Edited by night_pz

Thank you for your answer, it is more clear to me now.

But I have a problem. I tried all 3 firmwares("Redbull Android 2.1 Switzerland", "Redbull Android 2.1 Austria" and "Huawei 8230 Android 2.1 Austria") but every time is the same: "Prepairing to upgrade" and few seconds later "Update Filed"(with flashing buttons). Here is the log:

[...]

Do you have any idea why this is happening? I Think it has something to do with the fact I firstly tried to install "U8230 V100R001C00B831(Malaysia TENTEN)"(unsuccessful) and it messed my boot!

Hey night_pz. Like you, u8230 user from France (I assume you're with Bouygues T. ?)

The "Upgrade failed" warnings popped up several times for me while trying to hack the same device (from the same country). Usually it had to do (I think) with the integrity of the upgrade file : when that'd happen, I'd just wipe the file, redownload and try again and the magic would happen.

Another possibility could be that you tried to make the jump straight from 1.5 to 2.1 - if I remember correctly, you'd have to pass through a T-Mobile or Hungarian ROM upgrade first with whatever recovery you like best, and THEN switch to various flavors of 2.1.

Your issue might be coming from your initial attempt : did you make a backup of your original ROM ? I suggest you return to it first, then go through the steps described on this French forum (actually a translation from a thread on ModaCo, but it might help to read it in our native language :P ). It taught me everything I know about rooting, before moving on here on ModaCo !

Good luck and keep us posted !

Guest night_pz

Thank you for your time!

But what I did is flash the newest BIG rom into my SMALL rom huawei(unsuccessful offcource) and updated the boot-sector to the latest version. Now I cant flash anything else. And the patch from huawei forum dont work because it's old! I'm stuck!

Thank you for your time!

But what I did is flash the newest BIG rom into my SMALL rom huawei(unsuccessful offcource) and updated the boot-sector to the latest version. Now I cant flash anything else. And the patch from huawei forum dont work because it's old! I'm stuck!

Me to stuck on this s h i t !!! Write here(Huawei) maybe they will solve our problem.

Guest night_pz
night_pz what was your ROM name? :P

I just flashed this(what I posted), then I was able to flash the Turkish ROM which is 1.5 and then I flashed Redbul latest rom and now I have 2.1 :)

Edited by night_pz

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i've bougth an huawei u8230 from ebay about one month ago, it had android 1.5 installed... today i've receved my microSD card to update it at the 2.1 version of the firmware but the upgrade stops at almost 90% , i've downloaded and tryed to install the firmwares you posted above... but when i try to let the install process run, a yellow rectangle appears saying that the process failed (or something like that) what can i do? please help me :S

• 1 year later...
Guest johnho23

Update failed....? how can i do...?

There are two versions of Huawei 8230 - the "old" one and the "new".

Older one had less free space and it couldn't handle the upgrade to Android 2.1.

Huawei removed the additional languages for older phones now and the solution is here:

Android 2.1 for Huawei 8230