Cookin my first custom ROM

Guest niksha89

Guest niksha89

Hello everyone!

I've got my HTC Desire just a couple of days ago, and so far i found this and a few more sites, where i started learning how to customize my new device.

So far i successfully rooted my phone using Paul's guide, which worked just all right. After that i flashed rooted 2.2 froyo stock rom with radio update, which Paul provided as well, and it worked like a charm. (thanks mr. Paul :)

Yesterday I decided to try to do some basic rom customizations, so i removed some applications and added some functions via virtual machine with ubuntu + kitchen found on xda forums.

I removed:

- AppSharing.apk

- com.htc.FriendStreamWidget.apk

- FriendStream.apk

- com.htc.StockWidget.apk

- Stock.apk

- com.htc.TwitterWidget.apk

- HtcTwitter.apk

- HTCSetupWizard.apk

- SetupWizard.apk

- youtube.apk

- DCSStock.apk

+ all odex files with the same names

In kitchen i added:

+ Disable boot screen sounds

+ Add wireless tethering

+ Zipalign all *.apk files to optimize RAM usage

+ Add /data/app functionality

-> i know some options are included in pauls rom i used, but i just did them again to be sure

So, here comes my problem: i fake-flashed, wiped everything, and flashed this customized rom, which is working fine, but it wont update my location using weather application or widget (I tuned all options to be able to do that). Also it cant automatically find my time zone.

It's funny that my News and Weather application is finding me instantly, and shows good weather info and location, just as google maps, so I guess problem is in one of the .apk I deleted.

Also, I've got no pre-installed scenes that usually come on (all screens are empty and free to edit), but i guess that has something to do with the one of the "setup apk" i deleted.

So, could someone confirm lack of which apk is responsible for my issues?

Is "DCSStock.apk" part of the Stocks application and widget, or it does something else?

Edited by niksha89

Guest xTc is loVe
Go to settings, location and make sure wireless networks is ticked

HTC Setup Wizard is needed! Push it back in run it and all will be fine.

Guest niksha89
HTC Setup Wizard is needed! Push it back in run it and all will be fine.

yeah, did that and its fixed now :)

someone should really make a list with all stock apk files explained, cant seem to find one