Thank you Huawei!

Guest RedAndroid

Guest RedAndroid

I'm not sure if everybody here noticed...

Official Android 2.1 for old Red Bull RBM2 / Huawei 8230 devices (including the 15 start screens) is out. No more workarounds and half working sollutions.

Download for Switzerland: Android 2.1 Switzerland

Download for Austria: Android 2.1 Austria

Phone suite is available on austrian site only.

The phone updates in few minutes, restarts, first boot takes forewer and stops on a german screen. For non german speaking people, option down/right allows language change to english.

As I suposed from the very beginning, solution was simple - removing all the languages from ROM did the thing. Otherwise same as the may edition from Huawei site. May 2.1 had endless list of languages, this one has only the important four: English, French, German and Italian. Available free space on the phone: 36.34 MB! Less then before but one can live with it.

There is also Android 2.1 Austria on Huawei website: Huawei 8230 Android 2.1 Austria

Hope that this will save some trouble to some...

Enjoy the day!

• 1 month later...

hi, i've bougth an huawei u8230 from ebay about one month ago, it had android 1.5 installed... today i've receved my microSD card to update it at the 2.1 version of the firmware but the upgrade stops at almost 90% , i've downloaded and tryed to install the firmwares you posted above... but when i try to let the install process run, a yellow rectangle appears saying that the process failed (or something like that) what can i do? please help me :S

hi, i've bougth an huawei u8230 from ebay about one month ago, it had android 1.5 installed... today i've receved my microSD card to update it at the 2.1 version of the firmware but the upgrade stops at almost 90% , i've downloaded and tryed to install the firmwares you posted above... but when i try to let the install process run, a yellow rectangle appears saying that the process failed (or something like that) what can i do? please help me :S

Download 2.1 UK Then Try again, Then install a FLB Mod. So much better then stock.

Guest Basher52

I tink, the RBM2 Rom should be much better, cause of missing SMS Bug and other fixed stuff. Which Kernel Version is used on this? This could be the new Core of FLB 2.1, while 2.2 is growing.

I tink, the RBM2 Rom should be much better, cause of missing SMS Bug and other fixed stuff. Which Kernel Version is used on this? This could be the new Core of FLB 2.1, while 2.2 is growing.

Since i updated to FLB 1.5, Now on 1.6, I've never encountered the SMS Bug, only on the Official 2.1 Update.

So, Not really much difference, Plus FLB is; Well, "Faster Lighter Better" :lol:

Edited by TGWS

• 6 months later...
Guest ciri59

Official Android 2.1 for old Red Bull RBM2 / Huawei 8230 devices (including the 15 start screens) is out. No more workarounds and half working sollutions.

The phone updates in few minutes, restarts, first boot takes forewer and stops on a german screen. For non german speaking people, option down/right allows language change to english.

As I suposed from the very beginning, solution was simple - removing all the languages from ROM did the thing. Otherwise same as the may edition from Huawei site. May 2.1 had endless list of languages, this one has only the important four: English, French, German and Italian. Available free space on the phone: 36.34 MB! Less then before but one can live with it.

There is also Android 2.1 Austria on Huawei website: Huawei 8230 Android 2.1 Austria

Enjoy the day!

I have the huawei U8230 A1 (Austria) with android 2.1, but it dont have the Italian language. Can I install the Android 2.1 Switzerland? it works for my phone?

Guest AntonioPT
I have the huawei U8230 A1 (Austria) with android 2.1, but it dont have the Italian language. Can I install the Android 2.1 Switzerland? it works for my phone?

To enable more languages instale MoreLocale from the market.

• 9 months later...
Guest johnho23

Update failed....? how can i do..??

Enjoy the day!