Tweetdeck for Android: Beta.

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

Just a quickie...

Tweetdeck, one of the most popular twitter clients for desktop,iphone and ipad is now out in Beta form for Android.

11-Aug-2010_3_tweetdeck01.jpg

I'm not going to post the link as It's a leak and I don't want to get Paul into trouble! But it doesn't take much looking to find the .apk file.

It's different to the usual apps, nice and certainly worth a try.

That is all.

Edit:

The ceo of tweetdeck has said this is NOT the beta and we should wait for tomorrow (Thursday) for the official beta.

Edit edit!:

Official link added in my post below.

This is what they say about the Android app, Pasted from Tweetdecks website:

August 9, 2010

Android TweetDeck - Beta Test

To get straight to the point, we're nearing completion of Android TweetDeck and we've really been pushing the limits of what Android can do. Hence we will be opening up a public beta testing period this week for some serious device testing. But before all that happens I wanted to briefly explain what Android TweetDeck means to us because it's more than just TweetDeck on Android.

First off, we've built Android TweetDeck from the ground up to be true multi-stream, laser focused on showing you all your friends' cross-service activity in one app. Multi-column is still the order of the day but now columns are blended based on the type of activity rather than the service. And all this whilst retaining the most powerful functionality from each included service.

We've spent an inordinate amount of time making the app silky smooth from the column scrolling to the custom views - so much so that one of Google's Android Developer Advocates recently described it as "a thing of beauty". So look out for the beta test later this week and please do get involved.

Interestingly Android TweetDeck also represents the future of our iPhone and iPad applications. We'll have a few bug fix releases shortly (awaiting approval in the app store) but in the background we are working on porting Android to iPhone in as quick a time as possible. Finally, it won't be long before most of the new concepts in Android TweetDeck make it to the desktop and web - we're also working on this now.

Guest Simon O

Yeah it's an old version and I'm pretty sure they've done something to block it being used as it's impossible to send a tweet. Oh well we only have to wait a few more hours.

Well the so called old version (the one that leaked) works like a charm. I must say I'm greatly impressed by Tweetdeck and even though this seems to be a pre-beta app, it works like a charm. Can't wait to see what's in the real beta :D

Guest squirreleater
Yeah it's an old version and I'm pretty sure they've done something to block it being used as it's impossible to send a tweet. Oh well we only have to wait a few more hours.

You need to press/highlight your avatar, then the tweet goes.

Guest ragflan

Awesome beta. Really loving the multiple social accounts integration and Facebook notifications that actually work. Love whats been presented so far.

Guest Iain51

It's working well on my Galaxy S. I'm liking having the Twitter and Facebook entries in the one app. The only issue I've seen is that sometimes it doesn't open the individual item when you click on an FB entry.

Guest wdfowty

The huge downside to me was the lack of a settings menu...therefor a lack of control over background syncing. This beta KILLS battery life...Tried on cm6 nightly, the only difference between being the installation of TweetDeck, background data off, and no auto-syncing, I would have to charge my phone sometimes twice a day. As soon as I uninstalled, I was seeing battery life in the 12-18 hour range once more.

I won't be using this app until this is fixed, as I need all the juice my phone has. It's a shame, as the app really is quite cool. But that's why they call it a beta, right?

Guest b_baxter
The huge downside to me was the lack of a settings menu...therefor a lack of control over background syncing. This beta KILLS battery life...Tried on cm6 nightly, the only difference between being the installation of TweetDeck, background data off, and no auto-syncing, I would have to charge my phone sometimes twice a day. As soon as I uninstalled, I was seeing battery life in the 12-18 hour range once more.

I won't be using this app until this is fixed, as I need all the juice my phone has. It's a shame, as the app really is quite cool. But that's why they call it a beta, right?

New beta at http://bit.ly/deckondroid904

VASTLY improved, lots more settings - text size, refresh rate, notifications etc. I likes!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.