Email Copy from received - Any clients that do?

Guest DistortedLoop

Guest DistortedLoop

More an Android problem in general than SGS, but it's really annoying that neither the gmail app nor the email app on the SGS will allow me to copy out a piece of information (like say a tracking number on an order) to paste into another.

I thought I could do this on the email app on my Nexus One, but I just tried and no joy there either.

Any one have suggestions for accomplishing this? I'd even get a 3rd party email app if necessary, but the comments on the two most popular (K-9 and maildroid) both indicate no copy in those either? WTF Google...that's just ridiculous.

I do have an annoying workaround which is to forward the the email to my SMS, but the one I just did that with came in as 10 separate messages and I had to keep typing more to get the next part. Tedious.

Guest aeo087
More an Android problem in general than SGS, but it's really annoying that neither the gmail app nor the email app on the SGS will allow me to copy out a piece of information (like say a tracking number on an order) to paste into another.

I thought I could do this on the email app on my Nexus One, but I just tried and no joy there either.

Any one have suggestions for accomplishing this? I'd even get a 3rd party email app if necessary, but the comments on the two most popular (K-9 and maildroid) both indicate no copy in those either? WTF Google...that's just ridiculous.

I do have an annoying workaround which is to forward the the email to my SMS, but the one I just did that with came in as 10 separate messages and I had to keep typing more to get the next part. Tedious.

This is fixed with 2.2. I agree though, it is pretty annoying not being able to copy something from an email message.

Guest DistortedLoop
This is fixed with 2.2. I agree though, it is pretty annoying not being able to copy something from an email message.

LOL, I didn't notice that it was fixed in 2.2 Gmail client! Probably because I'm not using 2.2 on my SGS yet (too many issues with it on the SGS (video, no JIT, no tethering, etc)). Just checked on my Nexus One though, and sure enough, it's there. Too bad the SGS is my primary phone to carry around.

Any other suggestions for a 2.1 device?