Blinking Screen in some of my ROMs EXPLAINED

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Since some of you might be surprised (I know newbies are) why some of my ROMs randomly blinks (screen turn on/off suddenly and unexpectedly),the cause is explained here:

The blinking screen is a side effect of a tweak to make wifi connection stable even if the device suddenly sleep (WiFi no more disconnect when device sleeps) and solves the wake-up delay when connected in wifi and device is put to sleep.

So why, on the first place, wifi disconnect when device sleeps? Simple answer: It's part power saving feature of WinMo system.

To remove the random screen on/off edit these in the registry (pls. note that when you do this, wifi will disconnect everytime you put the phone to sleep, and a slight wake up delay when wifi is connected when waking up device)

_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Suspend\{98C5250D-C29A-4985-AE5F-AFE5367E5006}]

"Default"=dword:00000001 change to 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Resuming\{EB91C7C9-8BF6-4a2d-9AB8-69724EED97D1}]

"Default"=dword:00000001 to change to 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Unattended\{EB91C7C9-8BF6-4a2d-9AB8-69724EED97D1}]

"Default"=dword:00000001 change to 4

One thing more, you can experiment by mixing values above (from 1-4) and test the effect on your device. If you found a combination that stables WiFi connection without the blinking side effect, post it here