Roadmap for MoDaCo Custom-ROM for HTC Desire / Final Status

Guest Jack Carlston

Guest Jack Carlston

Hello Paul,

at first I wanna thank you for you appreciated and well done job concerning to expand possibilities for HTC Desire and other smartphones. You have not less enthusiasts around you they pick every small change, wipe their phone and install a new ROM. On the other side there are (maybe only a few, lol) users like me, who want to participate in this improved functionality of a modified ROM but they're not so much interested to wipe their phone every week :-))

Because of that I want to suggest, that you give (at least roughly) a kind of roadmap to the community when there will be a final release of the custom ROM for HTC Desire which is considered as stable and widely error-free.

I am sure that you even can convince more useres to pay (like I do) if developement is a bit more predictable.

Thanks again for your great work!

Best regards

Jack

Guest Elbereth

I flash almost every new WIP version and never did a wipe since rooting the first time:

Wipe root -> r3 -> r3.1 -> r5 WIP (like 7 times) -> r7 WIP (3 times) -> r8 WIP (twice)

And... Everything is working fine.

Edited by Elbereth

The problem with that is that you never know what new is coming out, what changes will be needed, etc. etc. It's simple really, there's a stable version and a WIP version. No defined timescales.

P

Guest howlep

@jack - i understand where you are coming from, but i also see that paul wants to fix bugs, enhance features that occur in the releases. what i tend to do is wait for a week or 2 after a new "wip" so that the initial "bugs" (or is that features) are ironed out.

@paul - keep up the great work!

@jack - i understand where you are coming from, but i also see that paul wants to fix bugs, enhance features that occur in the releases. what i tend to do is wait for a week or 2 after a new "wip" so that the initial "bugs" (or is that features) are ironed out.

@paul - keep up the great work!

I did post about trying to separate out the bugs from the chatter in the wip threads to try and make it easier to ascertain how "stable" a given rom is. However interest in this was zero :-).

I tend to look through the thread and judge for myself how stable it seems to be, if <whinge> Paul would update the change log a little more often</whinge> that would help.

I am not sure a "roadplan" would help as this really is a "work in progress" and Paul gets fixes and enhancements in so fast that he would be spending more time updating that than working on the wonderfullness he does produce.