thai language

Guest Just Johnny

Guest Just Johnny

Got myself a fancy new samsung galaxy s and love it a lot however one small problem... I want to be able to send and recieve thai sms from my friends kids. But the model here in Aust will not reconize it. All I get is little square boxes. I have put in an app that lets me translate thai - english and english - thai so I know it can display the charaters but it won`t let me save it to send as a message. does anybody know a way to install thai as a language option??

hope somebody can please help me..

Guest chookmeister69

I have an Aussie Galaxy S and I've flashed it to the European firmware without any issue. You may want to try an asian firmware from here:

http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/samsungi9000.htm

Of course, as usual you do so at your own risk but if you do give it a go and have any hassles, try flashing back to the Australian firmware on the same page (I9000DTJG4 is an Optus one) and you should be back to square 1

Guest hernit

I have an optus galaxy too, but rooted in order to put the thai font in. It's working on websites but I'm not too sure about SMS.

Similar to this guide:

http://nexusonehacks.net/android-hacks/dro...-font-on-droid/

Though I just ran shell on adb and copied the files over to /system/fonts. If this sound too complicate, it's probably better to wait for android 2.2

Guest Just Johnny

Thanks Hermit... I`ll try your way later tonight when I have more time.

I did have a phone tech try and install the asian firmware and he was able to put in chinese and japanese for me but no luck with the thai...

I really hope it works cos the phone it`s self seems to be a good little thing...