Replacing HTCCamera (3gp) with Google Camera (mp4)

Guest Gaspedal

Guest Gaspedal

I use MoDaCo R8 and I want use Google Camera (HD recording as MP4) instead of HTC Camera (HD recording only as 3gp).

I have installed Open Desire 3.1 and google camera with Mp4 works fine on my Desire and has better quality as HTCCamera.

How can I import the camera app to MoDaCo Rom ? I have exported the camera.apk from OpenDesire but I can't deinstall HTCCamera.

3gp is crap, mp4 much better.

Edited by Gaspedal

Guest Gaspedal
Did you try unstalling from recovery mode?

Per

From recovery it works. Have deinstalled HTC Camera with # rm -rf /system/app/HTCCamera.apk

I have now installed camera.apk from OpenDesire in MoDoCo R8 but I can't start it. It crashes when try to start. Why does it not work ?

Edited by Gaspedal

Guest klutsh
From recovery it works. Have deinstalled HTC Camera with # rm -rf /system/app/HTCCamera.apk

I have now installed camera.apk from OpenDesire in MoDoCo R8 but I can't start it. It crashes when try to start. Why does it not work ?

Run a logcat, should give you answers.

At first guess, I'd say framework errors, drivers, the core system files are different on sense rom's too AOSP rom's

You might like to know that both Camera Apps record in H264, just HTC use the 3gp file wrapper.

Edited by klutsh