Moving from A2SD+?

Guest Chet T16

Guest Chet T16

Hi all,

Currently running r8 with A2SD+ and happy with it but i'm tempted to try out a few different ROMs to see whats out there.

My only concern is what happens if i flash a rom without A2SD+, will the apps remain on my SD card until i flash a rom which supports it again? What if i flash a rom with A2SD?

If take a backup with titanium backup will it reinstall the apps where it can or do i need another A2SD+ rom?

(Not sure of the differences between A2SD and A2SD+ other than what it says in the kitchen and i don't understand that yet!)

Thanks

Guest pawel.mrk
(Not sure of the differences between A2SD and A2SD+ other than what it says in the kitchen and i don't understand that yet!)

A2SD+ moving dalvik-cache to SD as well, this is the only one difference.

My only concern is what happens if i flash a rom without A2SD+, will the apps remain on my SD card until i flash a rom which supports it again? What if i flash a rom with A2SD?

Yes, the apps remain on SD card, everything should work just fine when you come back to flash with a2sd+, but it's not that important if you do your backup. You will need to restore backup anyway, as some apps keep some files in phone memory as well. Just install titanium and restore a backup after flashing.

If take a backup with titanium backup will it reinstall the apps where it can or do i need another A2SD+ rom?

I'm not sure about this, but I would say you will need a2sd+ to restore backup, as titanium will try to restore all files to their previous locations.

If I'm wrong with anything, please someone correct me :D

Edited by pawel.mrk

Guest ErwinV
I'm not sure about this, but I would say you will need a2sd+ to restore backup, as titanium will try to restore all files to their previous locations.

If I'm wrong with anything, please someone correct me :D

AFAIK: Since a2sd+ symlinks /data/app/ to the ext partition, Titanium Backup isnt aware of a2sd+ and will restore to /data/app/ symlink or not :D.

Edited by ErwinV