Liquid > i9k

Guest anusthegreat

Guest anusthegreat

I created this topic, but re-posting it here b/c there is an option to switch my Liquid to Galaxy. Is it even worth paying for or I should wait for something really epic coming out late fall?

Guest ragflan
I created this topic, but re-posting it here b/c there is an option to switch my Liquid to Galaxy. Is it even worth paying for or I should wait for something really epic coming out late fall?

If you keep waiting for something better to come out, you're never going to buy anything when it comes to tech gear. Especially with Android smartphones. People that got the Droid were disappointed with the release of Nexus One. Nexus One owners saw a slightly upgraded phone in the Desire. Desire users saw the EVO 4G releasing in the US. EVO users saw a better CPU/GPU in the Galaxy S. Galaxy S users saw a larger screen in Droid X which looked as dissimilar as possible to an iPhone 3GS. Droid X users see the same hardware with a more appropriate screen size and a QWERTY keypad in the Droid 2. Droid 2 users will see the HTC Vision with a possible 1.5Ghz processor.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is. No matter when you decide to actually buy an Android phone within a short period of time your phone will start looking really old due to the progress the manufacturers are making. Having said that though, Galaxy S has a few problems which make it feel like a beta product but with the advancements the community has made, Galaxy S appears to be the fastest phone right now on a 1Ghz processor and rooting it and playing around with different firmwares is stupid easy once you do it the first time.

Galaxy S is a safe bet for this year. End of the year, there will definitely be better phones but like I said earlier if you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never actually buy anything because of how fast Android phones are being announced and rumoured. My only complaint with the Galaxy is how similar it looks to an iPhone 3GS.

Edited by ragflan

Guest Andrew Luecke

[Deleted... I read the question wrong and thought the Liquid wasn't out yet, so my response was WAYYY off the mark]

Edited by Andrew Luecke

I am getting rid of my Acer liquid for the Samsung Galaxy S primarily due to hardware issues with the acer. Battery and Cpu overheat, random freeze/hangs , battery drains within 8 hours whatever I do.

But I am not keeping the touch wiz interface for sure, it doesn't look that good IMO

Guest miker71

The Liquid's not a bad phone (my kids have one). I think the main reason I'd use a GalaxyS over a Liquid is the 4" glass screen.

Acer's Liquid Eclair is pretty close to vanilla Android too, and that's worth something. Samsung's tendrils run deep into the OS on the GalaxyS. This is my biggest frustration with the GalaxyS. Patiently waiting for Froyo finals and a Cyanogen RC ...

Guest Seth Cold

hardwarewise i prefer the galaxy S...bigger and better screen, slimmer, better gpu, front face camera, 2x ram, etc

you'll notice the difference...

i had the liquid since december 09 and loved it... i am now missing the community, which has a couple great developers

gotta be patient with the development of the galaxy s.. since its so new

Guest Calcvictim

I just sold my Liquid and am getting a Vibrant/Galaxy S, mostly because of the Liquids mutlitouch not being good. I wanna play NBA Jam on the phone, and secondly because of the screen, eventhough the Liquid has a very nice screen also.

My Liquid ran great with LCR roms even when overclocked.

Guest anusthegreat

Okay, I'm making a deal tomorrow: selling my Liquid (pic in my first post) for 330 bucks, adding 290 more and buying a brand new Galaxy S.

Guest morfic
Okay, I'm making a deal tomorrow: selling my Liquid (pic in my first post) for 330 bucks, adding 290 more and buying a brand new Galaxy S.

Good deal, My Liquid has around 160MB for linux, my vibrant has about 330mb, which counts most for me, as it keeps more apps running, instead of killing/starting all the time.

GPS on my Vibrant is whack, even after all the fixes, and when not plugged into usb, it can show me drive one block to left or right. Most of the time i can get locks down to 10m, still once in a while for no apparent reason it's just way off.

Never been of on the liquid.

And still, i love the vibrant, not so much the Liquid, Acer had some nice potential, restarting apps on liquid are not my cup of tea.

Is cyanogenmod important to you? Doesn't look hot for galaxy s yet, does it?

Oh, and battery life is better, much better, even when i never tell it to "use 2g only", of course i use it much mre, so screen is on more and thus at end of day battery is still down to 15%, but it's after much much more use out of it than i could ever get out of the liquid.

Just in case "tomorrow" hasn't happened yet, else, enjoy the vibrant.

Guest anusthegreat

Sorry for staying kinda offline. I made that deal next day, yeh. It's pro, I like it more than Liquid, if we're talking about the device on the whole. Loved Acer's notification icons on the top, additional 'search' key and it's weight. There are an amazing display, longer battery life and faster perfomance on my new device now though. I miss Acer a little (especially, because I see a friend of mine using it when we meet each other. He is the one whom I sold the previous device to, lol), but Samsung is pretty cool, too. Don't regret it. First impression was kinda fail though: when I started using it, it appeared to have massive lags while installing apps/adding words to my dictionary. It was kind of internal storage problem, the thing I was afraid of. But as soon as I have reached home, flashed it with some custom ROM, installed some LagFix, too. Also, works pretty nice now. We'll see what's going to happen in future. Anyway, I ain't comin' back to the Acer Liquid community dept., was fun. Cheers.

Guest Shange

I sold my Liquid to buy a SGS. I sold it most because of bad hw quality and ugly design.

SGS was my best option since i prefer the 4" s-amoled screen .