Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Guest llecaroz
Ok thanks, i have a européen version no simlocked from phoneehouse from France and i can't know the type of my device because i have flashed it dit the o2 2.1 update. :D

Mine is also from phonehouse/france & type is 00 (unlocked version).

Guest vivanno
Mine is also from phonehouse/france & type is 00 (unlocked version).

Yes ! :D i think all nosimlock device are 00 type.I think too 00 type device can accepte 21 and 31 fireware. I hope that 00 type device can do 21 > 00.

Edited by vivanno

Guest jonnybruce

Help. I cannot do any of this because no matter what combination of power on buttons I try

(camera button + power on) or (volume up + volume down + power on)

I cannot get past the Dell logo.

I have all the recovery files etc ready to go but cant do anything.

How can I get out of this mess?

Anyone??

Please???

Guest pSynrg

I just had to register and thank everyone for their efforts and instructions in getting this working on an unlocked (00) direct from Dell device.

What a great update - everything appears to be working apart from no predictive text from the keyboard app. Is this normal?

Edited by pSynrg

Guest popetodd
What a great update - everything appears to be working apart from no predictive text from the keyboard app. Is this normal?

Yeah, your previous predictive database is wiped so it will take some typing to get it back again.

Guest pSynrg
Yeah, your previous predictive database is wiped so it will take some typing to get it back again.

Thanks for the info and that is understandable and fine by me - but I'm not getting any predictive text at all. Suggested words or corrections are not popping up whatsoever when typing. I'm thinking there is a toggle for this but haven't been able to find it?

No worries, found it!

Believe it or not it's in Android Keyboard Settings :D

Edited by pSynrg

Guest mariantiani
I just had to register and thank everyone for their efforts and instructions in getting this working on an unlocked (00) direct from Dell device.

Can you describe wich guide you follow to let your 00 (I'm on an unlocked dell uk 00 too) ugrade to 2.1? I read a lot of terrible stories regarding the 00's upgrade.

thanks in advance.

Guest Andy Garton

Swype not working with this? It installs and runs ok, but swyped input never appears (normal taps are fine).

Edited by Andy Garton

Guest pSynrg
Can you describe wich guide you follow to let your 00 (I'm on an unlocked dell uk 00 too) ugrade to 2.1? I read a lot of terrible stories regarding the 00's upgrade.

thanks in advance.

The one from Fawaad on page 10 (cheers Fawaad!) follow also the links to other guides that allow you to flash your Streak to a 21 (basically an o2 unit in the UK as I understand it) and then you can update to Android 2.1.

I had no problems whatsoever as the guides take you through step by step - follow them to the letter! However if you've never done anything like this before then be aware of the risks should anything go wrong along the way...

Edited by pSynrg

Guest dan13l

Thanks to Zwmg I managed to get the 2.1 rom installed on an 00 streak earlier on. We had the stuck on the Dell boot screen problem, followed his advice, and everything came good in the end.

Reception was dramatically improved after installing 2.1. The device had never detected HSDPA on its shipped rom, now it picks it up OK.

Guest brotato
Is there one for US version? This is my first Andriod and just tried this on mine and got "FOTA error". This unit is from regular purchase and not a test unit.

thanks,

Young

Just follow this guide here. http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/08/how-to-...ell-streak.html

I did it and it is working perfectly on my official att streak. I flashed directly to 2.1 instead of going to uk 1.6 first and everything works fine.

Guest spacecat46

I followed the fawad instructions to the letter and am now rocking 2.1 from a 00 unlocked streak

The t' internet is so much faster and now I get an H not a 3G and snazzy live wall papers

Hurrah

Guest SomeoneStoleMyYodafone

I've read the warnings about 00, 21 and 31 and how flashing the wrong version on the wrong device is a surefire recipe for a b0rk.

However, I have an unlocked Streak bought off eBay UK and the box part number ends in -A00. I noticed it was version 4399 but didn't verify the last 2 digits of the OEM version number.

A week or so back, I decided to flash to the Modaco Custom ROM. I encountered problems with the entire universe force closing, so I flashed back to 4399 as instructed here

The thing is, I am pretty sure my device was originally a -00 running 4399. It used to boot with the Dell logo only. Now it gets the O2 instead of the Dell boot logo, and the OEM version is -21!

What I'm trying to say is that it might not be as simple as "if you have/had -00, don't flash this." So my device used to be a -00, so by rights I shouldn't try to flash 2.1. But my device now reports itself as a -21, so can I flash 2.1? :D

Fawaad's post below is very helpful indeed, but I'm still not sure. I don't live in the UK and don't want to risk a bricked Streak. Maybe I should just sit down, be quiet, and wait.

EDIT: Okay, I did it. I followed Fawaad's instructions... and my 00 Streak, which became a 21, is now happily running 2.1!

I don't notice any of the bugs that others have reported so far, apart from a tendency to turn on GPS for no particular reason.

Edited by Paul

Guest Fawaad

Fawaad's post below is very helpful indeed, but I'm still not sure. I don't live in the UK and don't want to risk a bricked Streak. Maybe I should just sit down, be quiet, and wait

Thanks guys. I didn't expect that much acknowledgement from one post.

Its good to know it helped a few people out there.

The main step is to change your version to 21 as the Update.pkg relies on it.

After that you can apply the package however you want.

By the way, I also had a UK 00 version bought directly from Dell.

I don't think I'll be going back to 1.6 OS again. Can't wait for an official release.

Guest illmatic75
I have a UK O2 Dell Streak (....21) got it the day the iPhone 4 was announced :D , hasn't been rooted or updated.

Here's what I've done:

• I downloaded the pkg
  • renamed it to Upgrade.pkg
  • put it on the SD card's root
  • powered off
  • powered on with volume buttons both held down
  • selected option 2 to upgrade from Upgrade.pkg on the sd card
  • pressed the camera shutter button to confirm I want to continue
  • the progress bar came up and went through
  • It rebooted itself
  • got the Dell logo

And now it's been sitting here on the Dell logo for the last 30 minutes, is that normal? Should I re-download, power off and start again?

Thanks.

dito .... so the question i have is am i screwed or any chance of a recovery ? and is there anything i should have done different ?

any help would be greatly appreciated..cheers

Guest PaulVlagsma

I'd start with:

Power off

vol up + vol down + power on

1. return to factory settings

camera button.

and see if that gets you back to a working system.

So you can start again!

Edited by PaulVlagsma

Guest illmatic75
I'd start with:

Power off

vol up + vol down + power on

1. return to factory settings

camera button.

and see if that gets you back to a working system.

So you can start again!

tried it, dont work, stuck at the dell logo again :D

Guest RconMax

My Streak is locked to O2 and I am using RebelSim to get on the Orange network

Is any one using this update to 2.1 with RebelSim?

And if so are there any special steps?

Guest mkhan01

Howdy, I just got the USA Streak from Dell and tried to up it to 2.1.

When I run the recovery mode and try to update to the Orange ROM, It says something like: E: 972 files unsigned... and reboots before progress bar gets to complete... and it remains in stock USA/ATT ROM...

BTW, It says that it is a 31.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

moe k

Guest illmatic75
Howdy, I just got the USA Streak from Dell and tried to up it to 2.1.

When I run the recovery mode and try to update to the Orange ROM, It says something like: E: 972 files unsigned... and reboots before progress bar gets to complete... and it remains in stock USA/ATT ROM...

BTW, It says that it is a 31.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

moe k

Your best bet would be here....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753431

:D

Guest mmmputch
Thanks, I got it working today... also had to apply some localization settings to make it USA centric.

How did you set the US localizations? My market is in GBP and it thinks I am in the UK.