HTC Sync - issues with contact sync

Guest Inon

Hi,

I am currently on R8, but had the same issues with 2.1.

I am using HTC sync to sync both calendar and contacts. both work ok, with a few glitches every now and then -mainly with HTC drivers having to be reapplied, but I have learned to accept this quietly...

However, there are two issues (possibly related) that keep annoying me, and I was wondering if anyone here has come across a solution:

1. HTC sync keeps updating certain contacts back and forth with no apparent change (updates PC, and then in the next sync updates phone, and so on)

2. Certain contact photos, but not all, become lower quality after pc sync (As if the photo has been changed to thumbnail quality rather than actual) - the issue is that during photo caller ID I get a blurry photo. I assume that issue #1 may be related to #2, but am not sure.

As mentioned, if anyone has come across a solution, that would be appreciated. And please don't propose GMAIL Sync, since... GMAIL SYNC IS NOT AN OPTION, due to my company's IT policies.

thanks,

Guest EddyOS

2. is due to Outlook (or whatever mail client you use) not storing the full photo as the contact photo so it compresses what is has and i then goes blurry going back to the phone. This also happens with syncing to your Gmail account - bit rubbish in this day and age tbh!

Guest rimvydukas
2. is due to Outlook (or whatever mail client you use) not storing the full photo as the contact photo so it compresses what is has and i then goes blurry going back to the phone. This also happens with syncing to your Gmail account - bit rubbish in this day and age tbh!

Nonsense about outlook. Outlook doesn't compress anything. I have iphone synced with outlook and I have nice and big contact photos. Problem is because of HTC sync app. Here is a reply from their support:

"To clarify Why the issue lies with outlook, it's the way that outlook synchs wit the Desire, through vCard files, and as such adheres to the vCard standard of photos in 72x72 pixel size. This is to be able to guarantee compatibility"

I think everyone desire owner must write to them and demand a fix for this (different sync mechanism).

Guest Ohalalyeah
Hi,

I am currently on R8, but had the same issues with 2.1.

I am using HTC sync to sync both calendar and contacts. both work ok, with a few glitches every now and then -mainly with HTC drivers having to be reapplied, but I have learned to accept this quietly...

However, there are two issues (possibly related) that keep annoying me, and I was wondering if anyone here has come across a solution:

1. HTC sync keeps updating certain contacts back and forth with no apparent change (updates PC, and then in the next sync updates phone, and so on)

2. Certain contact photos, but not all, become lower quality after pc sync (As if the photo has been changed to thumbnail quality rather than actual) - the issue is that during photo caller ID I get a blurry photo. I assume that issue #1 may be related to #2, but am not sure.

As mentioned, if anyone has come across a solution, that would be appreciated. And please don't propose GMAIL Sync, since... GMAIL SYNC IS NOT AN OPTION, due to my company's IT policies.

thanks,

Use gSyncit pls, give up HTC Sync. gSyncit is not expensive.