Copying multiple numbers per contact from SIM

Guest tigris666

Guest tigris666

Howdy peeps, trying to copy contacts from my sim. It works fine except some of my sim contacts have 2 numbers and Android is only copying one of them. Any ideas? In fact even in view mode it can only see one of them.

Edited by tigris666

Guest tigris666
Howdy peeps, trying to copy contacts from my sim. It works fine except some of my sim contacts have 2 numbers and Android is only copying one of them. Any ideas? In fact even in view mode it can only see one of them.

Ok, doing a lot of reading on this issue and majority of people out there seem to be under the impression that a SIM card has a limitation of 1 number per contact. There are very few people that jump on forums and prove this is not the case, as newer SIMs or more techincally, UIICs or something, probably any SIM from the past 5 years, can in fact store a tonne of info per contact. I know for fact that my SIM has multiple numbers per contact because if i factory reset my old nokia and put the SIM back in, i see all the numbers. Same holds for my really old motorola. It's just android phones that can't see the multiple numbers. Surely there is an app or something that can grok this info? I notice the android/htc app can store mutliple numbers per contact when storing on the phone, just not on the SIM.

I'd really like to avoid installing all the nokia crap on my PC and syncing it, considering it's all right there on the SIM. I also don't really want to sync it all to google contacts, as I treat my google contacts different from my phone contacts, I don't want to accidentally call someone one day who i've never even spoken to before, only have their google contact because i've emailed them and they make their phone number public or something. Which is why my phone contacts is specifically only people i would want to talk to :D