Daskalos B7610 6.5.3 Build 23129

Guest daskalos

Guest Freezy1982

Nice to see you back with new Laptop support, daskalos :D

What's new in this ROM? Something special? Or is it "only" a new built? ;)

PS: If you are cooking a ROM with Windows default (Titanium) ... Have you checked Titanium Fullscreen Weather from sv0911? It's working for B7610 as well and is quite beautiful without much memory useage. Perhaps you would like to implement this in your next ROMs if you want :D

Guest mardevi

Flashed this rom yesterday.

After one day, about 60MB free program memory after installation Iphone Today.

Fast and stable rom with working camera so for me perfect rom (until now)

Guest Bokun23

After some problems with the new hybrid rom i've installed this one. And it works really good. With Wk task, Iphone today and a android theme it looks nice and works smoothly. With iphone today ive changed the path of the phonebook and sms inbox to resco contact manger. Resco contact manager is another fast program. SO finally i have a fast windows mobile phone :D I can upload some pics if someone is interested?

Greetz,

Bokun

Guest daskalos
After some problems with the new hybrid rom i've installed this one. And it works really good. With Wk task, Iphone today and a android theme it looks nice and works smoothly. With iphone today ive changed the path of the phonebook and sms inbox to resco contact manger. Resco contact manager is another fast program. SO finally i have a fast windows mobile phone :D I can upload some pics if someone is interested?

Greetz,

Bokun

Sure

Guest me00016
...After one day, about 60MB free program memory after installation Iphone Today...

Hmmm... I wonder if RAM is kept high with SPB Shell (vs 3.5.5) on. Currently I am on hybrid 2.8 (to my experience, the stablest full ROM up to now), which munches my RAM in less than 2 days. Then phone is unusable and need to softreset.

Anyone to notice that with the shell on this ROM?

Edited by me00016

Guest Kiwi Dave

this is the 3rd ROM from Sir Daskalos that I've used, and have found it as good as the other two.

Couple of issues/challenges:

1) The lock screen. I don't really like the 6.5.3 lockscreen (with the slidely thing), much prefer the older straight to the password. I have to have a password as part of Corp policy, and having a slid bar and a password is a bit of overkill for me. I'll look for a cab to move back to the older lockscreen.

2) Resco Contact Manager. I've used both Resco and SPB Shell in the past, and found Resco to be the more responsive of the two (when SPB is installed it takes ages for my calendar to sync - sync goes from around 2mins, to at least 15 and often near an hour).

The issue with Resco that I have (on this ROM only, it's worked on other ROMs) is when I set Resco to handle incoming calls (so that I can use the 'reject with txt' function). Rather than taking over the incoming call, it just adds another step. So now I need to answer with Resco slide bar first, which then enables the Microsoft Lock Screen slidebar (which I also need to answer the call with). by the time I've done this the caller has given up or gone to voicemail...!!

I've disabled the Resco incoming calls as a result which is a bit of a pain, but I haven't been able to resolve.

for those interested here is what my home screen looks like (nice and basic)

post-705343-1281956310_thumb.png

Daskalos - thanks again for making our B7610s more useable.....

Dave

UPDATE:

After testing this ROM for a day I've decided to return to the "B7610 Sense 2.5.2016 ROM v1.2 Build 23668" ROM.

Reasons - I have been having issues with the phone freezing up - some applications that I use regulary weren't working properly. Some of them stayed in the foreground and didn't close properly etc.

Please note, these are just my findings. before I loaded a whole lot of c**p onto this ROM it was working well. There were no issues with the speed, and the 3 ring delay didn't seem to be there.

Edited by Kiwi Dave

Guest Bokun23

Here are my pics. Im still busy installing some programs and changins some icons.

I also have a problem with resco contact manager. Normally if you hit the begin call button you get a list with last called numbers. But my phone then also calls the last chosen number. As if one hit is 2 hits. Has someone an idee to fix that?

And is it possible to change the behavior of the 2 buttons on the bottom of the screen. The one with phone and phonebook?

post-605189-1282038889_thumb.jpg

post-605189-1282038897_thumb.jpg

post-605189-1282038911_thumb.jpg

post-605189-1282038919_thumb.jpg

Guest Riaviano

I'm using this rom for three days now, and it works stable and fine to me.

Further i've overclocked it (power performance set: normal) to 900 Mhz.

At last, how can I get the Iphone Today skin? (download link?)

Guest Kiwi Dave
Here are my pics. Im still busy installing some programs and changins some icons.

I also have a problem with resco contact manager. Normally if you hit the begin call button you get a list with last called numbers. But my phone then also calls the last chosen number. As if one hit is 2 hits. Has someone an idee to fix that?

And is it possible to change the behavior of the 2 buttons on the bottom of the screen. The one with phone and phonebook?

Sure,

goto - Resco Contact Manager - Options - Actions Tab

change the value in the 'Call Button Action' to "Do not override"

after completing this you will get the dial pad (when you press the 'hard' send button) rather than re-calling your last contact.

hope this helps

Dave

Guest Bokun23
Sure,

goto - Resco Contact Manager - Options - Actions Tab

change the value in the 'Call Button Action' to "Do not override"

after completing this you will get the dial pad (when you press the 'hard' send button) rather than re-calling your last contact.

hope this helps

Dave

It solves the probles of re-calling. But i would like to open resco contact manager with the call button. Now i get the standard windows mobile call screen. Is it possible to fix this with a register tweak?

for iphone today: Iphone today

Edited by Bokun23

Guest Kiwi Dave
It solves the probles of re-calling. But i would like to open resco contact manager with the call button. Now i get the standard windows mobile call screen. Is it possible to fix this with a register tweak?

for iphone today: Iphone today

Sorry can't help you there. I actually like the standard windows call screen....

What I have done is pointed the bottom right 'soft button' on the home screen to the Resco Contact Manager:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113] Open = \Program Files\Resco Contact Manager\RPhoneMan.exe

Guest superck445

been using this rom for few days now and all perfect but for data connection being poor. it keeps failing to connect now and then and i have to wait a few hours before it decides to work again.

not experienced this before on previous roms. i'm with orange in UK.

soft reset is useless as is adjusting connection settings. thinking about trying hybrid rom instead

been using this rom for few days now and all perfect but for data connection being poor. it keeps failing to connect now and then and i have to wait a few hours before it decides to work again.

not experienced this before on previous roms. i'm with orange in UK.

soft reset is useless as is adjusting connection settings. thinking about trying hybrid rom instead

Try this http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...roms-explained/. It solved mine.