Request Gwes.exe ;)

Guest Del1701

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

What you will do with GWES.exe, do you need it in module form? I must tell you, replacing GWES.exe in a working rom by recmodding and copying doesn't works, phone won't boot. The only way to use a GWES.exe is to take it in module form and use it in a kitchen. What is the specific purpose you are trying to achieve, can you provide more details?

Guest Del1701

I was looking at cooking it into one of my roms to see if I could get a more stable ram, because in the o2 the ram drops like a stone and dosen't get released very well.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Then let me know which particular build's file you want, if i'll have, i'll upload it. BTW, just FYI, Wm 6.5.3 gwes.exe doesn't works in WM 6.5 and vice versa.

Guest shadowangel
I was looking at cooking it into one of my roms to see if I could get a more stable ram, because in the o2 the ram drops like a stone and dosen't get released very well.

Del1701...

gwes.exe is part of windows and not samsung made... Each one is made for its specific build... (6.5 on 6.5 and 6.5.x on 6.5.x). What could happen is you using an older version for the same build you are using (like 6.5 build 21895's gwes.exe on 21914 and something like that)

Unless Samsung made one specific and replaced default windows one on B7610...

Guest Del1701
Del1701...

gwes.exe is part of windows and not samsung made... Each one is made for its specific build... (6.5 on 6.5 and 6.5.x on 6.5.x). What could happen is you using an older version for the same build you are using (like 6.5 build 21895's gwes.exe on 21914 and something like that)

Ah I see thanks shadow :D

Guest mightymouse1045
Del1701...

Hi Shadow,

Funny we should be talking about gwes.exe coz i am using your latest build WM 6.5 21914 with sense 2018 and gwes.exe is using 64MB of memory and doesn't get released at all. My free RAM ranges from 3MB to 30MB. I can get it to about 47MB free if I kill SPB, S2U2 and some other other apps but I need all those:S

Why has this only just started happening - when i first installed your ROM i was at about 75MB free memory