New Battery issues..... (using MCR r8)

Guest Dr_Ash

Guest Dr_Ash

Since using MCR r7 and r8 I have had issues with my battery not fully charging, but I'm not sure if it's in any way linked to these new ROMs or not.....

I have my phone on charge all night and when I get up in the morning the LED is green and the phone says fully charged. However when I take it off charge and start using it, within 5-10 minutes it shows a charge of between 90-95%. If i re-plug in the power at this point it will charge the rest of the way up to 100%.

Apart from this, battery drain is normal. Does anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance.........

Guest acolwill
Since using MCR r7 and r8 I have had issues with my battery not fully charging, but I'm not sure if it's in any way linked to these new ROMs or not.....

I have my phone on charge all night and when I get up in the morning the LED is green and the phone says fully charged. However when I take it off charge and start using it, within 5-10 minutes it shows a charge of between 90-95%. If i re-plug in the power at this point it will charge the rest of the way up to 100%.

Apart from this, battery drain is normal. Does anyone else have this problem and a possible solution?

Thanks in advance.........

You'll also find that once your battery gets to 10%, the phone will switch off.. which is fkin annoying to say the least!

its not a bug, its a feature :D

the phone will charge up to 100%, then let the battery discharge to 90% then start charging again and so on. this is done because trickle charging the battery (charging it at the same rate as its discharge rate) is generally bad for the battery.

So when you wake up in the morning your charge could be between 90% and 100% somewhere.

//edit: btw this is not new in froyo, you probably just did not notice it before.

Edited by w0.op

Guest Dr_Ash
its not a bug, its a feature :D

the phone will charge up to 100%, then let the battery discharge to 90% then start charging again and so on. this is done because trickle charging the battery (charging it at the same rate as its discharge rate) is generally bad for the battery.

So when you wake up in the morning your charge could be between 90% and 100% somewhere.

//edit: btw this is not new in froyo, you probably just did not notice it before.

Interesting, however it definitely didn't do this until recently, I watch my battery like a hawk...

Edited by Dr_Ash

Guest b_baxter
Interesting, however it definitely didn't do this until recently, I watch my battery like a hawk...

I'd guess that the charging may be more efficient now -thus taking less time to charge and therefore a bit more time to discharge. Considering making a profile in tasker to tell my phone to start charging again at 5am regardless of battery level so it its at 100% in time for when I get up.

Guest Dr_Ash
I'd guess that the charging may be more efficient now -thus taking less time to charge and therefore a bit more time to discharge. Considering making a profile in tasker to tell my phone to start charging again at 5am regardless of battery level so it its at 100% in time for when I get up.

let me know if this works, I don't have tasker yet but I might be tempted if this works for you...

Guest Abnormal1

If you install JuicePlotter onto your phone you can actually see this on a nice graph.

My phone as well as everyone else's phone will have all ways done this.

Guest Eduardo Oliveira

I have the same problem in MCR 5, 6, 7... But with MCR 7, after a battery stats wipe, the problem was solved! In MCR 8, too. Battery 100% charged.