Paid Apps Enabler - Missing 'GREP'

Guest skink666

Guest skink666

Hi,

Phone is rooted and I installed busybox via titanium backups, but I get this error when I try and use paid apps enabler.

Missing 'grep', a required command!

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks

Guest ranblv

try typing busybox grep in terminal and see if it works?

after you install the busybox application you still need to open it and chose to install the actual program.

Guest skink666
try typing busybox grep in terminal and see if it works?

after you install the busybox application you still need to open it and chose to install the actual program.

Thanks for your reply.

When I go into terminal and type 'busybox grep' it seems to work as it shows all the usage options.

Is there anything else I need to do to install it? Paid Apps Enabler still comes up with the same error.

Guest skink666
Thanks for your reply.

When I go into terminal and type 'busybox grep' it seems to work as it shows all the usage options.

Is there anything else I need to do to install it? Paid Apps Enabler still comes up with the same error.

Just used the busybox app and that seems to have installed it and is working now :D

• 1 month later...
Guest tweedy4
Just used the busybox app and that seems to have installed it and is working now :)

Hi,

I faced the same problem of "missing grep on Paid Apps Enabler" like you did on my Galaxy S. I also checked and found to have busybox already copied to the Hphone.

Could you describe in more detail how you use busybox app(?) to install and get Paid Apps Enabler working. It'd be most appreciated. Spent >1 week now trying to get it to work.

Thanks in advance.