2.1 Bugs .....

Guest gillebob

Yesterday co-pilot wouldnt work for me, it keeps saying there are no maps installed. I was using it fine, then left it on charge in my car for 2 hours came back and suddenly it gave me that error! Wheather this has anything to do with 2.1 or not i dont know, but i thought id mention it in here in case anyone else has experienced it.

Also sometimes it takes co=pilot a few goes to start up properly, it just keep closing after it shows the splash screen.

The Streak is hands down the worst phone experience ive ever had. Whether its to do with Dell, Android, Rebelsim or whatever, i've never had this much trouble with a phone before. I'm not blaming anyone, but I thought id just put it out there for the record, to see if anhyone is experiencing the same thing

never had an issue with copilot.. sounds like an error with the sdcard. ps there was an upgrade to CP this week, either through market or if you bought it direct from alk then here..

http://www.alk.eu.com/copilotlive/androidinstall/

Id imagine quite a lot of your issues are rebelsim related.

Edited by fards

Guest payneardo

I have co-pilot and don't seem to have any problems with that but sygic doesn't work as it doesn't recognise the GPS receiver :D

Edited by payneardo

Guest tudorw

volume control is really whack, where else do you push right to go down, and get a visual on screen that moves in the opposite direction! I agree that fixing the volume control as opposed to having it reverse behaviour when the device is portrait is sensible, but either switch the up/down or fix the on-screen graphic!

Guest stonewater

Install / everything else all seems fine but for Spotify.

Spotify is a bit broken. When I close it phone won't reset to landscape screen orientation (even at home screen) - have to lock and unlock to get it to register rotating the phone again.

Not a problem I can't live with...

Other than that 2.1 is nice. Battery seems pretty much as it was before. To be honest - it's a decent 2.1 - no real criticism from me particularly for a pre-release version.

Guest PaulVlagsma
Screen doesn't always go dark when I suspend it.

Same for when I plug it into a charger.

WiFi doesn't fully recover randomly after suspend requiring a restart.

Suspend sometimes fails.

same here

Guest arkman

The volume buttons are the only thing I'm finding annoying so far with 2.1.

Really for un-released software this is pretty awesome. Even the little finicky things are not enough to make me at all unhappy with the upgrade, and the pluses are too numerous to not do it.

Guest vagouar
anyone else experience the problem where the screen doesnt turn off at all? when you press power off it seems like its just the screen back lights turn off but not the screen itself.

Yep! This is happening constanlty, after a few hours of use. Only a soft reset fixes it, but after a few hours the same thing happens again.

The screen remain active when press the turn off button (and even when you leave it tho suspend by itself) even if the led backlight turns off.

I am worried about the screen being damaged that way (to remain active for "ever") and about the bad battery times i get this way.

Any workaround guys (just check your screen from time to time under bright light. You will realise that is active and even the 3 "hard" keys at the right can be pressed)!!!

Edited by vagouar

Guest jannism

Random crash/reboot when using camera/ browser/ animated wallpapers/ adw launcher/ looking it from a slightly different angle/ using maps. Can't bring out of Airplane mode without reboot or Airplane mode simply gets confused and uses a number of different options (randomly switching between wifi, connected/disconnected/3g etc or combination of all or none of these)

Did I mention the incessant crashing?

Edited by jannism

Guest Green750one

I have no audio at all - either from music player, video player or installed app rockplayer. Videos play grest though!

Going to try uninstalling stuff to make sure it isn't something I've done

Screen doesn't always go dark when I suspend it.

Same for when I plug it into a charger.

WiFi doesn't fully recover randomly after suspend requiring a restart.

Suspend sometimes fails.

Same here. Also, wondering how to access the front camera since moving to 2.1?!?!

Guest Helikiller

Hi all,

since 2.1, I have a problem with switching to airplane mode with (automation) tools. Tryed Phonewaever, Tasker and a few others. None of them could properly enable / disable airplane mode. German Streak with 2.1. Could anyone confirm? Any solution?

Thanks and best regards

Helikiller

Edited by Helikiller

found another bug,

calls logs got some calls from "yesterday" even though they were received on Saturday evening.

when you click on them to show the details, they show the correct date.

Looking at them all it looks like the "call log" initial screen is about 12 hours out.

Edited by fards

Guest Asphytxtc

Something that's cropped up recently is that when I take the phone out of suspend and slide to unlock, the screen is completely unresponsive and even the three "hard keys" don't respond. This also happens on incoming calls which wake the phone from suspend meaning I can't answer them. It's a sporadic issue happening maybe once in every 10 or so times I wake the phone.

Hit the power button to place the phone back into suspend (and terminate any incoming call, annoyingly) and then again to bring it back to life returns the screen and buttons to working order.

Guest craigdabbs

I had the issue with the screen not turning off properly, this coincided with wirreless getting stuck on or off. Only way round it is to reboot. Also I got totally random reboots, average uptome was probably 4hours or so. This was all happening when using launcher pro, it was terrible with random lag spikes. I am now back to adw launcher And I have not had this issue again. Check some different launchers out to see if it solves it.

Edited by craigdabbs

yeah I think the issues with the screen not going off is down to a 3rd party app preventing it.

I had it a few days ago, uninstalled the last thing I'd installed (can't remember what) and it worked fine again.

Guest bostonguy
I had the issue with the screen not turning off properly, this coincided with wirreless getting stuck on or off. Only way round it is to reboot. Also I got totally random reboots, average uptome was probably 4hours or so. This was all happening when using launcher pro, it was terrible with random lag spikes. I am now back to adw launcher And I have not had this issue again. Check some different launchers out to see if it solves it.

I've only used ADW Launcher and have been getting the "no sleep" problem. I do believe it has something to do with the wifi not sleeping/waking properly. I've been trying only enabling wifi when I need it, and shutting it off before letting the dvice sleep to see if that prevents the problem. Not a long term solution (well not a good one) but during troubleshooting.

Guest vagouar
yeah I think the issues with the screen not going off is down to a 3rd party app preventing it.

I had it a few days ago, uninstalled the last thing I'd installed (can't remember what) and it worked fine again.

Nope. In a freshly formatted (2.1) streak the same thing happens.

This is the most serious bug for me, as far as the 2.1 is concerned.

Big battery consumption and potential screen problem arising are the main consequences following this bug.

Nope. In a freshly formatted (2.1) streak the same thing happens.

if that's the case then why doesn't everyone that's using this firmware have it ?

Guest vagouar
if that's the case then why doesn't everyone that's using this firmware have it ?

Because:

a) most of the people don't even notice it (you can spot the problem only in direct sunlight and if you accidentally touch the soft keys) and ofcourse it doesn't happen all the time. In every few hours it arises to my streak and only a soft reset fixes it.

b ) there is a big probability for the problem to be related with wifi. For 12 hours now and with wifi off the problem has disappeared. I will continue this way to clarify this (i think another person noticed it in previous posts).

Edited by vagouar

Because:

a) most of the people don't even notice it (you can spot the problem only in direct sunlight and if you accidentally touch the soft keys) and of course it doesn't happen all the time. In every few hours it arises to my streak and only a soft reset fixes it.

b ) there is a big probability for the problem to be related with wifi. For 12 hours now and with wifi off the problem has disappeared. I will continue this way to clarify this (i think another person noticed it in previous posts).

if it were to cause serious battery drain then I think people would notice it!

judging by some of the complaints about this 2.1 build, I would have thought there'd be thousands (well ok.... a few more than there are) moans about it..

most of the people that do have it seem to use a different launcher to the stock dell one.

I've reset my streak to stock this afternoon and I'm trying to get it to happen but everytime it shuts off normally, installed launcherpro and it stopped shutting off completely.

Guest vagouar
if it were to cause serious battery drain then I think people would notice it!

judging by some of the complaints about this 2.1 build, I would have thought there'd be thousands (well ok.... a few more than there are) moans about it..

most of the people that do have it seem to use a different launcher to the stock dell one.

I've reset my streak to stock this afternoon and I'm trying to get it to happen but everytime it shuts off normally, installed launcherpro and it stopped shutting off completely.

The solution to this problem is turning off wifi.

If you use wifi, then turn it off before suspending your device everything will be ok (2 different streaks after many hours of use).

Guest jannism

Anyone else had total signal loss? Had this once before and "fixed" it by registering in another phone and then replacing in the Streak but it seems to have gone for good now.

Battery use in About phone is telling me the biggest drain by a huge percentage is cell standby, that's either with or without the sim installed!

Guest rebel146
The solution to this problem is turning off wifi.

If you use wifi, then turn it off before suspending your device everything will be ok (2 different streaks after many hours of use).

I have had this issue too for a while. At first I attributed it to the style lock feature (turning it off fixed the problem right away) but the problem just came back later.

Turning the style lock feature on/off doesnt work to fix it either now.

Turning off wifi before suspending sounds great but I cant turn it off/on. When I turn it off it gets stuck on "Wi-fi turning off..." and the button becomes unresponsive until reboot of system.

you seem to have similar wifi, screen issues. I am not familar with "launchers" though. I dont use any that I know of and still have the issue. I guess I will download adw and see what it does if it fixes anything!

Same here. Also, wondering how to access the front camera since moving to 2.1?!?!

I could have sworn I had access to the front camera in 2.1 but after trying to locate it for your question i was unable to....