2.1 Bugs .....

Guest gillebob

Guest petesbodyparts
I've seen this happen both ways... tried to bring it out of standby and the LCD turned on but no backlight, I could see the clock on LCD display however.

In the opposite manner, I've tried to put it into sleep and the backlight + screen has remained on, but the lockscreen has come up on the screen and I assume the system has 'slept' as the live wallpaper stops animating.

Somewhat strange both of these, to say the least!

I've had the same issue since loading 2.1.

Today I turned OFF Bluetooth and left ON wireless and the screen turns off every time. Wireless can be enabled and disabled with no problems and the battery life is at 83% and the phone has been used for the last 4 hours (wireless and 3G access for email, phone calls and running a pile of apps). This is the longest I have gone with the screen turning off completely, so I'm guessing that the Bluetooth code branch in this build is a tad flaky at the moment.

Guest rebel146
I've had the same issue since loading 2.1.

Today I turned OFF Bluetooth and left ON wireless and the screen turns off every time. Wireless can be enabled and disabled with no problems and the battery life is at 83% and the phone has been used for the last 4 hours (wireless and 3G access for email, phone calls and running a pile of apps). This is the longest I have gone with the screen turning off completely, so I'm guessing that the Bluetooth code branch in this build is a tad flaky at the moment.

I always have bluetooth off and still had the issue.

I got a fix though for me... i did about 5 things, and now am trying to narrow down which of them actually fixed the issue. its been running great for me for 12hrs now.

Guest mwizen

I think I got myself a fix - sharing to get other's input.

Basically, I went into Settings>>Wireless&networks>>Wi-Fi Settings>> Advanced (latter, via the middle button). Then, "Wi-Fi sleep policy" set to "never".

I have been able to put it into sleep in and out, with wi-fi on and off, and never got stuck in "turning off" any more. Probably also means, I understand, that I have to make sure to turn it off when not using Wi-Fi to conserve battery.

Guest petesbodyparts

Basically, I went into Settings>>Wireless&networks>>Wi-Fi Settings>> Advanced (latter, via the middle button). Then, "Wi-Fi sleep policy" set to "never".

I have been able to put it into sleep in and out, with wi-fi on and off, and never got stuck in "turning off" any more. Probably also means, I understand, that I have to make sure to turn it off when not using Wi-Fi to conserve battery.

An "Advanced" menu?! Well this fixed the problems I've been having!

Guest prawnballs

I had never even noticed the advanced menu. I'm giving that a go now. I'm running ADW and for a while I did think that could be the cause. I've had the problem occur with wifi and Bluetooth off, at least a couple of times..

Edited by prawnballs

Guest torsionwire

I don't seem to have the camera button any more. Well - it's still physically on the camera, but it doesn't open the camera app or operate the shutter. Camera app works fine from the desktop, and soft shutter button on the camera app works OK, but nothing from the camera button. When you push it to take a picture the streak just beeps. It did work before the 2.1 upgrade. The fact that it's causing a beep makes me think the button itself is not faulty.