FIXED: Bricked Desire

Guest bane_dd

Guest bane_dd

My desire appears bricked as I can't get past the bootloader stage. It won't let me load a ROM onto it and I have already wiped all the partitions and the microSD card. I can access the bootloader and recovery but for some reason I can't get it to load a ROM. I think the problem was caused because I forgot to put the phone in USB Debugging mode prior to flashing. Any suggestions guys?

Edited by bane_dd

Guest bane_dd

Never mind, I fixed it. It does not like it when you format the SD card using a computer. So after formating it using the recovery console on the phone and baking a new signed ROM, it's working like a charm again.

Guest commandergc
Never mind, I fixed it. It does not like it when you format the SD card using a computer. So after formatting it using the recovery console on the phone and baking a new signed ROM, it's working like a charm again.

Thats because most OS's default to formatting memory cards as fat16. IIRC the recovery software will only flash from a fat32 file system.

Guest bane_dd
Thats because most OS's default to formatting memory cards as fat16. IIRC the recovery software will only flash from a fat32 file system.

You could be correct. I used Ubuntu 10.04 to format the card. Since I used the disc manager GUI to do it, it only has one option for FAT (labeled FAT). So it perhaps defaults to FAT16 as you suggested.