Massive data usage on SureSignal

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

I've had a warning from Vodafone today that my data use is approaching the 500Mb mark.

I've never had one before, so I've been trying to work out where it's all "gone".

It looks to me like something started going nuts on 6th August

My average is 18Mb/day, but it went to 70Mb that day. Every couple of days it has a series of 2929.82Kb transfers every few seconds/minutes.

Is there any app which will track data transfers per application?

Is there any way to tell what happened on my handset (app install for example) on the 6th?

Is anyone else finding this?

Keywords: SureSignal, Vodafone, Femtocell

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

Ah, I've just discovered that the 6th is the day I got my Desire!

I had a Legend before that, but on the whole the same set of apps installed and the same accounts sync'ing wirelessly.

I've also seen that there are several periods where the billing data says I did multiples of 2930Kb in the same minute - which is very odd

Between 07:11 and 07:14 (about when I get up and switch it on) on one day it did 17 instances of 2930Kb.

At that time I'd be at home and using my SureSignal

Guest chucky.egg

Thanks @Chromwell, but I don't have Tweetdeck (Seesmic here)

It does look like it happens when I'm on the SureSignal, which is extra annoying because I pay for that box and for the honour of carrying Vodafone traffic on my broadband!

There are other people on the Vodafone forums having the same issue, but I don't know if they're SureSignal users.