Some issues with the MoDaCo website...

Guest Arty Marty

Guest Arty Marty

Some issues with the MoDaCo website... a few really frustrating problems. Can you help?

Firstly, I must say that I LOVE this site! Being able to customise your phone is amazing...

I have paid for the ad free option on MoDaCo, and I am having a few issues using it from my PC and especially phone (HTC desire)

Firstly, it always defaults to the "windows mobile version" when going into the forums etc... if I am logged in or not.. it would be nice if I was logged in for it to go to the "android" version - of have a way of setting this in my preferences (I looked and could not find such a setting)

Its just a few clicks on the PC, but when accessing it from the mobile browser, it keeps switching back to the winmo version... which makes it nearly impossible to browse the forums.

and secondly:

if I click on the menu ANDROID up the top, it opens a new window - a little annoying on the PC, a nightmare on the phone.

can you please make it "open in same window" not "open in new window"

if I am on my mobile, and click "android", it just opens a new window, and that then goes back to the "winmo" page, so I cant actually get to the android forum.

Another option could be to add/change the menu up the top to have a "android forum" and "winmo forum" as separate buttons, again opening in "same window"not "new window"

Any suggestions, on what I can do to achieve this through settings, or can it be implemented?

Warmly, Marty

Guest awarner

All links on the site will open a new window (or tab depending on your browser option settings) most people prefer to keep the original page when clicking a link, as normally they go back there afterwards. Some sites you then go to can sometimes be a pain when trying to get back so this saves time.

If you are getting a new window and not a tab then check your settings for popups and select a new tab rather than a new window.

What are you doing to make the Windows part of the site the default site? if it is just entering MoDaCo.com in the address bar then it will as that is the origianl site.

You need to enter android.modaco.com or have you tried adding the following as a favourite? http://android.modaco.com/forum.html you can do the same with your mobile. What I do as I am lazy with tabs is always keep a tab for each part of the site ie WinMo, Android, Netbooks and Mobiholics that way I can swap between as I need to. Obviously for you all you need is a single tab for the part that interests you.

As for signing in and then chosing a default side of the site is interesting idea which I will pass on to Paul, most people normally go to the part of MoDaCo they are interested in before they sign in so or they are automatically signed in anyway.

As for mobile browsing I generally do not do much to experience the problem you have of swapping between the two main sides of the site. When I do with my Omnia2 everthing works fine and clicking on the Android tab takes me to that part of the site and not in a new tab etc. Then again I am using Explorer on the device so technically the issue you have appears to be more Android browser related? I can replicate this on my Pulse so it does appear to be the default browser that Android is using.

As Android is not my main device (as it is useless at syncing then displaying my calender appointments correctly with my pc) have you tried discussing the problem in either the general discusion or device specific section of the site?