[False alarm] Samsung Galaxy S i9000 support for WCDMA 850mhz (please enter, try and confirm)

Guest Seth Cold

Guest Seth Cold

Ok please dont be hard on me if this doesn't work... but from my experience it does!!

(Im using paul's pre-rooted Jp3 fw)

Just took this from a thread in HowardForums where they said maybe captivate had the vibrant bands or viceversa... anyways i wanted to try in my i9000, since other carrriers in my country (Colombia) use wcdma 850/1900 for 3g (mine is just wcdma 1900 so im good for now... this is just theoretical, i need real 850mhz tower confirmation)

1. on the key pad, type *#*#197328640#*#*

2. Select [1] Debug Screen

3. Select [8] Phone control

4. Select [7] Network control

5. Select [2] Network Selection

6. Select [4] Combi Bands []

Now click on [8] (should have an "*" after you do!)

attachment.php?attachmentid=181166&stc=1&d=1282110473

Please let me know if it works for you

PS: the pic was taken with a blackberry, sorry about the quality!

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest mbriody
Nevermind, tried the 850mhz 3g sim and could not get a signal... oh well got too excited

I can connect with this setting on my stock firmware Galaxy and Telstra sim.

Guest DistortedLoop
I can connect with this setting on my stock firmware Galaxy and Telstra sim.

But are you you connecting with the coveted 850mhz? I'm willing to bet NO. They were playing with this substantially over on xda a few weeks ago & pretty much gave up on it last I read.

While you're in the debug screen, just go to the main screen and find the one that shows what you're actually connected to. Even though I set mine to 850, I never got anything but 1900.

HEY ORIGINAL POSTER - There's something wrong with your pics and they're killing the loading of this page for me. Too many? Too large? Not sure.