Broken b7610?

Guest Nemesix_

Guest Nemesix_

When I wanted to know what time it was this afternoon, I took out my trusty Omnia, only to see that it had frozen. Familiar with this problem, I instantly did a soft reset. Only then did I find out that it did not reboot. After multiple tries, it kept freezing at the Samsung logo.

Reluctantly, I tried to reflash to Daskalos' latest Official Sense ROM (I was originally using the Beta Daskalos Sense ROM; I was a beta tester). The flashing went fine, but now it froze at the windows startup logo (at the end of the intro 'movie'). I then tried a hard reset. The reset itself went well, but after the hard reset, it again froze at the (to my surprise) Daskalos' Windows Mobile intro movie.

I tried some other flashes and some other hard resets, but none worked.

Does anyone here know a solution? I didn't flash the csc files or anything. I wasn't even actually doing anything at the time that it gave up on me.

Edited by Nemesix_

Guest me00016

Ideas:

- Try to flash with an official ROM. Clear your internal memory as well.

- Full flash with secany's rom, csc, e.t.c. Clear your internal memory as well.

Guest Nemesix_

I flashed the phone with a secany standard samsung rom. I didn't use an .nb0 file, but the other one. MTF or something like that (I forgot the extension). I didn't flash the csc, since I'm a bit reluctant. My phone isn't stable yet, and flashing the csc could brick my phone, meaning I cannot get a new one through warranty.

I know got some more results. The telephone starts, but takes around 30 to 45 minutes to boot. After that, it works until you turn the screen off. Once the screen is off, it won't turn on anymore and a reboot (which takes another 45 mins) is required.

So I didn't brick the phone.

Could this happen because of the 1 GHz OC that I used with Daskalos' ROM?

Guest daskalos
I flashed the phone with a secany standard samsung rom. I didn't use an .nb0 file, but the other one. MTF or something like that (I forgot the extension). I didn't flash the csc, since I'm a bit reluctant. My phone isn't stable yet, and flashing the csc could brick my phone, meaning I cannot get a new one through warranty.

I know got some more results. The telephone starts, but takes around 30 to 45 minutes to boot. After that, it works until you turn the screen off. Once the screen is off, it won't turn on anymore and a reboot (which takes another 45 mins) is required.

So I didn't brick the phone.

Could this happen because of the 1 GHz OC that I used with Daskalos' ROM?

try this:

1. Try removing your memory card and do a hard reset

2. Check your my storage for cryptic files that might consume space