i8000 cabs

Guest joecruz

Guest joecruz

Hi, i'm planning on using Daskalos' experiment 37 rom but i'm afraid that some of the applications/features i'd like to add will either not work or is not available as a cab...

now through some searching, I saw a huge repository of cabs over at the i8000 forums and since our b7610 have a lot of similarities to the i8000 (i mean Daskalso is creating hybrid roms with i8000 apps/files), will those cabs work on our b7610? more specifically, will they work on the Daskalos experiment 37 rom?

To be specific, i'm talking about:

video call

mms

samsung photo

samsung touch player

camera

FM radio

Samsung phonebook

Samsung settings

If those work properly on daskalos' experiment 37, then i'm all set!!

Hope some of you with better knowledge or experience in using the experiment series can shed some light for me.....

Guest gauravv
Hi, i'm planning on using Daskalos' experiment 37 rom but i'm afraid that some of the applications/features i'd like to add will either not work or is not available as a cab...

now through some searching, I saw a huge repository of cabs over at the i8000 forums and since our b7610 have a lot of similarities to the i8000 (i mean Daskalso is creating hybrid roms with i8000 apps/files), will those cabs work on our b7610? more specifically, will they work on the Daskalos experiment 37 rom?

video call

mms

samsung photo

samsung touch player

camera

FM radio

Samsung phonebook

Samsung settings

Hope some of you with better knowledge or experience in using the experiment series can shed some light for me.....

same here

Guest daskalos

video call

mms

samsung photo

samsung touch player

camera

FM radio

Samsung phonebook

Samsung settings

I think there are only 4 Samsung Apps that will work in ExRoms;

Camera (cab in experiment thread)

FM Radio (cab in experiment thread)

Samsung Keyboard/XT9

Samsung Settings (cab in experiment thread)

Because they contain the complete components (reg and files) to make it work.

Current other Samsung apps cab files will not work because they are missing some components and reg files; so the only way to make them work is to rebuild them with the complete resources :D

Guest joecruz

hey daskalos, thanks for your response...so i guess that means we're better off with your megalite versions then? I think most cabs will work on the megalites, but the development of megalites seems to have stopped, i mean you haven't produced megalites for a while already and by the looks of your recent releases, it doesn't look like you have intentions on continuing your megalite series, unless i'm mistaken (and i hope i am :D )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thunder141

i installed touch clock, touch calendar in a lite rom and it works, too.

I think there are only 4 Samsung Apps that will work in ExRoms;

Camera (cab in experiment thread)

FM Radio (cab in experiment thread)

Samsung Keyboard/XT9

Samsung Settings (cab in experiment thread)

Because they contain the complete components (reg and files) to make it work.

Current other Samsung apps cab files will not work because they are missing some components and reg files; so the only way to make them work is to rebuild them with the complete resources :huh:

i installed touch clock, touch calendar in a lite rom and it works, too.

Yea but a lite rom is not an experiment rom, anyway i can install every samsung app except for the touch player and the photo album on an experiment rom :huh:

Guest joecruz

Is there a chance that Daskalos will be able to make these two cabs (touch player and photo album) workeable on his experiment roms? or perhaps provide info on how we (someone like me for instance) can make it possible?

Guest joecruz
Yea but a lite rom is not an experiment rom, anyway i can install every samsung app except for the touch player and the photo album on an experiment rom :huh:

Were you able to get video calling to work? If so what cabs did you use?

Were you able to get video calling to work? If so what cabs did you use?

I really never use video calling so i did not try that :huh: From what i have tried though, only the photo album and touch player don't work.

• 2 months later...
Guest Thunder141

made a cab for photo album which works in experiment rom. Is available in the wwe jc2 cab thread

Yea but a lite rom is not an experiment rom, anyway i can install every samsung app except for the touch player and the photo album on an experiment rom :rolleyes: