Optus i9k Volume up + Menu + Power Not working

Guest No Idea

Guest No Idea

Hi All,

I have read somewhere and now can't find the thread about Optus (Australia) Galaxy s not being to get in the menu to root your Mobile. I have tried many combo's to no luck.

Can anyone please give me some solution or help to root my mobile.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Craig.

Guest danhalicki
Thanks for this, I have tried this and no luck. I wonder why they are trying to block this?

I will later taking out the SIM and SD card and see if this helps, Keep you posted.

If anyone has any other ideas that would be much appreciated.

Yeah, I have Optus i9000 also and had this problem.....only way I could root was to use the AndroidSDK method. If you install AndroidSDK, put the phone in USB debugging and connect to computer, then run from cmd prompt: adb reboot recovery (from the androidsdk folder) it will reboot in recovery mode.

This video was really helpful:

Guest ragflan

I find the ADB method to work best and it's not really a hassle.

1. Install ADB.

2. Go to the ADB folder and find the tools folder.

3. Hold 'Shift' key and right click in that folder and you'll see the option 'Open Command Window Here'. Select that.

4. Turn on USB debugging in your phone's settings (found under settings -> applications -> development).

5. Plug into computer.

6. From Command prompt on your PC, just type adb reboot recovery.

Subsequently, all you need to do is step 3, 5 and 6. You'll get into recovery quicker than powering your phone off and then doing a button combo.