How do I change App Icons?

Guest David_P

Guest David_P

I have seen a few places screenshots of completely modded and themed desires but none seem to use Sense UI. Is there a sigle place where the app icons live, for instance if I wanted to change the Market Place icon to something snazzier, where in the ROM would that be found and is it just a case of replacing a .png?

Many thanks in advance

David

Guest Classical Gas

From what I've read you can't just change the icon as it is part of the apk package and any update will break the mod. You can use folderorganiser or bettercut to create a shortcut with a custom icon. That is the only way I know how.

There is also AWD Launcher which somehow enable custom icons but I haven't looked into it very far.

I have seen a few places screenshots of completely modded and themed desires but none seem to use Sense UI. Is there a sigle place where the app icons live, for instance if I wanted to change the Market Place icon to something snazzier, where in the ROM would that be found and is it just a case of replacing a .png?

Many thanks in advance

David

I'll second "ADW Launcher". Once you have it installed from the market you can then download theme packs from the market as well.

Each theme pack contains about 10-30 custom icons for popular apps ie market, browser, camera etc.

If this is not custom enough for you try "folderorganizer lite" it's quite fiddly to get icons set up, but once you have worked it out you can download may different icon packs from the market.

If you are wwanting to keep with sense then folder organizer will be you best bet.

Good luck, have fun.