Need help with my desire

Guest Thunderbirds

Guest Thunderbirds

I got my desire with HBOOT 0.83 and i tried to root using unrevoked, after unrevoked my phone screen was blank and only can see the lights and the startup sound, Out of frustration i was finding a RUU which could be compatible with my phone and finally i flashed with RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_T2_Radio_32.41.00.32U_4.08.00.09_release_137222_sig

ed.exe

Works great and i got my screen back but now it says English UK during first time setup. once i connected to wifi it prompt me for OTA update to version 2.2, i just clicked yes and it went well but after reboot my HBOOT now is 0.92, which i believe im now on official 2.2

Now bad thing is later i found out that i cant gain root access with 2.2, I've tried many method to downgrade my bootloader back to 0.83 but its not working as the instruction said to place the PB99IMG.zip (ensured that its not zip.zip). When i boot by pressing vol down + power it says no ZIP found, I even tried making the gold card but no luck

I've called the service center and told them i just got the phone few days ago and i crapped to them that the phone auto update the by itself, i also told them that after update the phone was keep hanging, So they asked me to drop by to their service center so they can downgrade back to Version 2.1. At this moment my phone is in Service center, i will be getting it back in another 2 hours.

My question is, Assume if i back to 2.1 stock rom, how can i Backup everything just incase if i screwed it up again ? can i restore my stock rom ? i found few stuff like nandroid etc but there isnt any step by step guide

I hope if anyone here could help me to guide to the correct way.

I've become the premium member in Kitchen, I wanted to bake my image with wavesecure and have all the 2.2 features with root access

Please advise

Sorry for my bad english

Guest EddyOS

As you've found out you can't root HBOOT 0.92 (it's well documented) and you could've run the ZIP to roll back to HBOOT 0.80 and then just put an MCR baked ROM on it...

If you use unrEVOked it will flash the clockworkmod recovery and you can do a nandroid backup before you flash a new ROM (you just select nandroid>backup from the clockworkmod menu)

Guest Thunderbirds

i run the zip to rollback to HBOOT 0.80 but now its screwed

once the PB99IMG loaded i press vol up to proceed, then the phone shutdown and now i cant power on back

when i power on it only vibrate and nothing on the screen, no sound no light

please help

Guest Thunderbirds

mmmmwhaah i love u man... just got back my screen but still on 2.2.. now im really scared to do anything without proper knowledge.. is there anyway i can back to HBOOT 0.8X safely inorder to gain root

Guest EddyOS

I don't think you can...take a look around XDA as there's a lot of information on there...

EDIT: found this thread, perhaps take a look...obviously do so at your own risk (and the 2nd part is the ROM flash, substiture the ROM names with whatever you wish to use. e.g. MCR r8 RC1)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=750888

Edited by EddyOS