I Flashed my Radio and didn't need a sim unlock (Orange)

Guest jbeynon

Guest jbeynon

I'd previously flashed my Desire to a rooted HTC Froyo ROM that I found somewhere....(eeeks) and for a few weeks didn't have Camcorder working in 720p but lastnight I flashed my radio to the latest 5.09 and was all ready with a simunlock code but didn't actually end up needing it.

Not sure how/why but thought I'd share the experience,

john.

Guest buttonsandzips
I'd previously flashed my Desire to a rooted HTC Froyo ROM that I found somewhere....(eeeks) and for a few weeks didn't have Camcorder working in 720p but lastnight I flashed my radio to the latest 5.09 and was all ready with a simunlock code but didn't actually end up needing it.

Not sure how/why but thought I'd share the experience,

john.

I did this the day I got my Orange desire, no problem either. My advice for anyone with an Orange handset would be to just try it and see, you can always roll back to an earlier version.

Guest checkerman

I updated to froyo a couple of weeks ago but left the radio as is. having seen this thread I decided to upgrade to 5.0.9.00.20 tonight on my orange branded phone and I also did not need an unlock code. I cant quite remember where i got it from but it wasnt direct from orange.

Hope this helps other orange users, though all my friends still only get the "welcome to the orange answer phone....."