HTC Desire WiFi not working after de-branding From Orange

Guest sur9ic4l

Guest David_P

Which ROM version and Radio version did you use to de-brand to? I suspect the Radio version is your problem but need to know. Please go to settings > about phone > software information and then tell us the baseband build and software number.

David

Guest sur9ic4l

I changed to software number 1.21.405.2

Baseband version 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

At present, the phone is downloading an update via gprs, but who knows wether it will do anything...

The update is: OTA_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.8-1.21.405.2_release4dua3bcrut4wrv30.zip

Guest David_P

If you want root then I would stop with that update. I have heard that many people have had success with wifi and debranding for 1.21 if you have the goldcard in the phone, alternatively, some are saying that the new froyo radio doesn't lock out orange. Personally, I don't think it is a bad £15 spend to have the phone sim unlocked firast just in case.

The download you are currently running will upgrade your hboot to a version that cannot yet be rooted, so I would stop that and perhaps try something from this link....

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...h-radio-deodex/

Guest sur9ic4l

I'm not really looking to make any changes once the update has arrived. Only wanted Froyo without the generic cr*p that Orange like to destroy their phones with. As long as everything works, i'll be more than happy...