No data (USB) connection

Guest ricardo the fish

Guest ricardo the fish

Since last Saturday my TP2 has been eatin battery like it is going out of fashion (from full to completely drained - so much so the clock needs to be reset after being turned back on - in about 8 hrs).

my usage has not increased or changed at all.

Anyway - time for a full reset (or to actually, finally, get my arse in gear and upgrade to WM6.5!) however when I plug a USB cable in it does not recognise that it has been inserted - it starts charging right away, it no longer comes up with the option box asking me if I want to sync or use device as USB drive. I have tried several cables, different USB ports on two separate PCs to make sure there is no issue with the cable or my PC.

Would like to think that a hard re-set would solve the issue, but I would need to sync before I did a hard reset (plus, if hard rest does not work it will be a pain in the rear end to manually put in all my contacts AND I won't be able to install loads of software (sorry 'apps' as I keep being told I should call them).

so, before I go and do a hard re-set that may not make any difference I was wondering if anyone had come across soothing similar or if people think it is a hardware issue and no amount of re-setting will work?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest ricardo the fish
Check the usual of firewall settings specific to the firewall/s you are using and device management settings for the USB port.

After a very long process of elimination it turns out the USB socket must have been damaged - HTC have repaired the phone (well - put in a complete new board), so the issue was deffo hardware related.

Now all back to shiney goodness and endless 'what then hell phone is that?' questions (whislt I wait for my current contract to expire - then I think I'll be moving on to an Android device)