update-7546.pkg

Guest spences10

Guest popetodd
maybe if more than two people had it would could tell a bit better?

Not necessarily.

Some of the issues that have been posted as ubiquitous would have manifested over the few days they've been updated, and possibly a couple of new ones as well if there are any.

It's fair and reasonable to ask if they have experienced any relief or problems with the new rom.

Edited by popetodd

Guest Greenarcher

Weird, i actually managed to download the update when i got the notification. It is the official 2.1 update. Still no front facing camera option. I can't find the update file anywhere. I did a search on root explorer but no luck. The update would not download with my ATT sim but when i used my T-Mobile sim it download instantly.

Guest mzsigler
Weird, i actually managed to download the update when i got the notification. It is the official 2.1 update. Still no front facing camera option. I can't find the update file anywhere. I did a search on root explorer but no luck. The update would not download with my ATT sim but when i used my T-Mobile sim it download instantly.

nandroid?

Guest mzsigler
sorry, i haven't installed koush's custom recovery yet. let me clean the rom up a little, i hate bloatware

I'm pretty sure everyone would rather have the boot.img and system.img as it arrives from the update. I generally clean it up too, but since no one else seems to have this update yet, a complete stock image would be appreciated.

Guest untrueparadox
And just for posterity, the link still won't work on my computer, nor will it work for me on my phone, regardless of sim.

If you guys get the logcat wallpaper, you'll see that the streak pings the server every few hours for an update, but it always fails. what a pain.

on the bright side, someone at least someone got the update down and is making a nandroid backup for us.

Edited by untrueparadox

Guest mzsigler
If you guys get the logcat wallpaper, you'll see that the streak pings the server every few hours for an update, but it always fails. what a pain.

on the bright side, someone on xda reported they got the update down and is making a nandroid backup for us.

I'm sure it's the guy from last page, I don't understand why he's "cleaning it up" as opposed to just uploading a stock image though.

Guest Greenarcher

Yup that was me. Don't worry i'll upload a stock nandroid backup before i clean my rom. What is it that you don't understand about me "cleaning it up"? lol don't even answer that question. Just wait for my upload. Thank you for your patience.

I'm sure it's the guy from last page, I don't understand why he's "cleaning it up" as opposed to just uploading a stock image though.

Guest mzsigler
Yup that was me. Don't worry i'll upload a stock nandroid backup before i clean my rom. What is it that you don't understand about me "cleaning it up"? lol don't even answer that question. Just wait for my upload. Thank you for your patience.

Easy killer,

sorry, i haven't installed koush's custom recovery yet. let me clean the rom up a little, i hate bloatware

in response to:

nandroid?

makes it sound as if you're "cleaning it up" before uploading what everyone is clearly waiting for, the stock img files. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Guest Greenarcher

Hmmm.. custom recovery seems to hang at the data backup part. i tried 2 versions of the koush recovery and they give the same result. Hold on a sec here...

Guest mzsigler
Hmmm.. custom recovery seems to hang at the data backup part. i tried 2 versions of the koush recovery and they give the same result. Hold on a sec here...

It does the same for me, but it seems to generate boot.img and system.img fine, file size appears to be correct and all.

Guest gingernator

Yeah it does that, bit of a wierd one, but the backups should have completed.

Guest mzsigler
Yeah it does that, bit of a wierd one, but the backups should have completed.

Yep, I've even made a backup that "failed" at data.img, taken the system.img, and flashed it, just to make sure it actually completed, and it flashed and ran fine.

Guest Greenarcher

It's funny how the capacitive buttons start blinking like crazy.

Yep, I've even made a backup that "failed" at data.img, taken the system.img, and flashed it, just to make sure it actually completed, and it flashed and ran fine.

Guest spences10
nice one! we don't need /data do we anyway?

Awesome - now shall I update the original post with this link or wait until someone [i dont know what to do with it] gets it working then post with instructions?

Just as an aside I got another update message last night - same story no response

Thanks.

No, it would just be his app info and stuff.

ok,

I presumed that was what was wiped during a factory reset anyway

Spence I would wait.

I presume Paul will have an mcr with this in before we can sneeze anyway

Edited by fards

Guest mzsigler
Awesome - now shall I update the original post with this link or wait until someone [i dont know what to do with it] gets it working then post with instructions?

Just as an aside I got another update message last night - same story no response

Thanks.

Download the file he posted

Unzip to the directory fastboot is in (if this isn't necessary for you, you don't need these instructions anyway, so don't tell me how to add stuff to PATH :huh: )

Connect your phone in fastboot mode

cd to the file location in command/terminal

fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Done.

Edited by mzsigler