Oh dear... Something appears to have gone a bit wrong

Guest sur9ic4l

Guest sur9ic4l

I've just updated to froyo on my debranded Desire. Unfortunately the radio does not want to work... No Wi-fi, No GPRS, No reception and to top it off, it keeps Force Closing every few minutes. What on earth has gone wrong?

Guest sur9ic4l
If the OP has updated via the OTA then the radio is done automatically as part of the download...

The Radio is Still 4.05.00.11

HBOOT is Still 0.75?

Guest sur9ic4l

__Install from sdcard...

Finding Update Package...

Opening Update Package...

Verifying Update Package...

E:signature verification failed

Installation Aborted.

Thats all i get from trying to do the update

Guest sur9ic4l
Let's start from the beginning OP. I'm assuming you're rooted etc. what method did you use?

I found some program on here that self installs everything on the phone so that the crap from orange was gone. Unfortunately it made the wireless stop working. about an hour or so later, it stated i could download froyo, which i did....over GPRS....4 hours later... Phone does it's thing for 5 minutes and now it just force closes every couple of minutes and has a hissy fit. I'm guessing it'll need re-flashing with a goldcard image, but no ideas. Really don't want to brick this thing. :-(

I Used This: RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865

Edited by sur9ic4l

Guest chipyy

Well that's weird. I don't know why an OTA update would have left your hboot and radio untouched. Someone else is going to have to take this, I've not used goldcards or RUUs. I just rooted mine with unRevoked.

Guest sur9ic4l
Well that's weird. I don't know why an OTA update would have left your hboot and radio untouched. Someone else is going to have to take this, I've not used goldcards or RUUs. I just rooted mine with unRevoked.

Awww Crap! (scratches head)

Guest chipyy

Don't worry, I'm sure there's a solution. It's actually pretty hard to brick one. At the worst you can just flash a stock RUU again as far as I know, and yes I do think you need a goldcard to do it if you handset was originally a branded one, but don't quote me on that.

Actually, I think if your handset was originally branded you might have to do the OTA update with a goldcard in for it to work properly, but don't quote me on that. I think your best bet at this point would be to do a proper root (if you can manage it while things are force closing, you might need to sort that out first) and then just flash one of the fine Froyo custom ROMS available.

Guest sur9ic4l
Don't worry, I'm sure there's a solution. It's actually pretty hard to brick one. At the worst you can just flash a stock RUU again as far as I know, and yes I do think you need a goldcard to do it if you handset was originally a branded one, but don't quote me on that.

Actually, I think if your handset was originally branded you might have to do the OTA update with a goldcard in for it to work properly, but don't quote me on that. I think your best bet at this point would be to do a proper root (if you can manage it while things are force closing, you might need to sort that out first) and then just flash one of the fine Froyo custom ROMS available.

I've Got A Goldcard image saved on the PC but forgot how it goes onto the sd card.

Guest sur9ic4l
I've Got A Goldcard image saved on the PC but forgot how it goes onto the sd card.

Right...

I've re booted to following settings.

RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865

Where do i go from here to upgrade to Froyo. By the way, my IMEI seems not to exist wherever i look to network unlock.

Please can someone give me a step by step guide from where i am now.