How to change default launcher buttons at bottom of screen?

Guest Speckles

Guest Speckles

Does anyone know how to do this? I know I can get the required effect by using Launcher Pro, but that would also means losing my sideways scrolling applications window, which I rather like.

I wouldn't mind making those icons a tad smaller, too.

Guest DistortedLoop
Does anyone know how to do this? I know I can get the required effect by using Launcher Pro, but that would also means losing my sideways scrolling applications window, which I rather like.

ADW.Launcher lets you have a horizontal scrolling app drawer.

Not sure what you mean about changing buttons at bottom of screen.

Guest Speckles

At the bottom of the screen are the icons Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Applications. I use a different messaging application so would like to change what the Messaging button launches without having to overwrite the original app. I also don't see why I need those four icons when in the applications drawer.

Guest ykk_five

if u want to change the icons at the bottom with default home screen, just select application -> view in grid mode -> edit

then u can chg them

Guest MiMiKri

Or just tap on Menu --- left bottom 'Option Button' --- Edit an drag and drop the Icons as needed --- tab 'Option' --- Save

except the 'Home' Icon.

Guest Speckles

Thats great, but it seems that all the applications I've installed myself have a "No entry" sign on them ?

Do I need to copy applications to the system partition to remove this restriction?

Guest Dan Mullen
Thats great, but it seems that all the applications I've installed myself have a "No entry" sign on them ?

Do I need to copy applications to the system partition to remove this restriction?

That "no entry" is actually a minus symbol, as in remove/delete. Clicking it will offer the option to delete the application. The ones without the minus symbol are system apps and can't be removed (via that method).