Official OTA Froyo 2.2

Guest Thunderbirds

Guest Thunderbirds

I clicked yes on OTA update to official froyo 2.2, now my bootloader is 0.92, I've tried downgrade the bootloader before but result in SLCD brick, i've got it fix using the update.zip method, however it still 0.92 and stay with 2.2.

I was wonder when there will be a method to root my 2.2, I did a great mistake by upgrading it and without knowing it i subscribed to Online kitched to bake my rom :huh:

Please advise

Guest persko

Currently you cannot root a Desire with a bootloader above 0.80, there are people working on

cracking the newer boot loaders, or find a way to downgrade the boot loader; but when/if that will

happen nobody knows.

Per

Currently you cannot root a Desire with a bootloader above 0.80, there are people working on

cracking the newer boot loaders, or find a way to downgrade the boot loader; but when/if that will

happen nobody knows.

Per

So glad iv seen this post I got my Desire today and got a OTA 2.2 notification about an hour ago, at first I was happy and was about to update till my son said if you update to that I wont be able to root, so I thought id check it out feeeeewwwww almost made the same mistake.

Guest gorannn963
i managed to downgrade my bootloader 0.92 to 0.83 and gain root access, then i baked my rom and now on 2.2 rooted

Give a detailed explanation of how ..

Guest wiggy6230

Hi,

I follow the guide at this link, it details everything you need and has video hows as well, which are good to watch as a visual to the written guides.

I was on an OTA 2.2, bootloader upgraded to 0.92 and have managed to downgrade to 0.80 and then root and update to 2.2 as per the guide I flash using the unrevoked method decribed. Also my HTC Desire has an AMOLED screen.

I have flashed a few MoDaCo custom R8 ROMs and not had any problems.

http://www.android-tutorials.org/dev/?page_id=78

Also a very good question and asnwer section at this link on XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=749551

I am far from an expert in this, I read and learn alot from the forums.

All CREDIT to the Originators.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Edited by wiggy6230