Guest dimushor

Guest dimushor

please help me

i was trying to flash LeeDrOiD V1.9 A2SD+

when flashing, i got

"E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/["

E:failure at line 18: symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation Aborted

i also tried other ROMs,the same error, just different lines.

what shall i do?

Guest dimushor

my desire at the moment is only in recovery mode, i cannot do anything else from it. is it possible to do the ext2 partition from recovery mode?

i wiped before the flash.

Guest acrickie
my desire at the moment is only in recovery mode, i cannot do anything else from it. is it possible to do the ext2 partition from recovery mode?

i wiped before the flash.

If you have Clockword Mod then there are menu options to set up your SD card with the correct partitions - however if you have anything you want to keep on your SD card you are better of taking it out, saving the stuff from your SD card on to your PC and then using Linux or something like "Partition Magic" or "EASEUS Partition Manager" for Windows to partition the SD card.

Guest dimushor
If you have Clockword Mod then there are menu options to set up your SD card with the correct partitions - however if you have anything you want to keep on your SD card you are better of taking it out, saving the stuff from your SD card on to your PC and then using Linux or something like "Partition Magic" or "EASEUS Partition Manager" for Windows to partition the SD card.

i think i have the clockword mod, cause in the recovery mode is written clockword mod recovery 2.5.0.1. do i have to go to partition menu? and after that, what should i do. please help

Guest dimushor

i was able to revive it with official 2.2 rooted rom. can some1 describe step by step measures to flash a customized rom, as i don't want to brick it again. thanks

Guest djbrooksy

have a look on the market for a app called rom manager

it is a great little app and works a treat on my Desire

using the app you can download and install roms all day long

it will also do a back up of your current rom before flashing the new one

very handy if you dont like the new rom

hope that is of some help to you im new to all this stuff

so im sure there are more ways of doing it but its the safest and easiest

way i found

brooksy

Guest persko
i was able to revive it with official 2.2 rooted rom. can some1 describe step by step measures to flash a customized rom, as i don't want to brick it again. thanks

If you can flash the rooted rom ok, then you can also flash a custom rom without A2SD (or A2SD+)

If you want to flash a rom with A2SD or A2SD+, you need to make sure, that your SD card is

proberly partitioned, and formated.

Remember to back up your sdcard, if you have anything you want to keep, before partition and format,

I always do the formatting from my computer, as I am running Linux anyway; but if run Windows, it

might be easyer for you to do it from recovery, unless you want to boot a memory based linux system

from a CDrom or USB stick

BTW: I can recomend the MoDaCo Roms; but to get the R8 rom, you need to sign up for an AddFree or

PLUS account, until it is fully released, or go with the R5 Rom.

Per

Edited by persko

Guest dimushor
If you can flash the rooted rom ok, then you can also flash a custom rom without A2SD (or A2SD+)

If you want to flash a rom with A2SD or A2SD+, you need to make sure, that your SD card is

proberly partitioned, and formated.

Remember to back up your sdcard, if you have anything you want to keep, before partition and format,

I always do the formatting from my computer, as I am running Linux anyway; but if run Windows, it

might be easyer for you to do it from recovery, unless you want to boot a memory based linux system

from a CDrom or USB stick

BTW: I can recomend the MoDaCo Roms; but to get the R8 rom, you need to sign up for an AddFree or

PLUS account, until it is fully released, or go with the R5 Rom.

Per

how do i partition it from recovery?

Guest dimushor
have a look on the market for a app called rom manager

it is a great little app and works a treat on my Desire

using the app you can download and install roms all day long

it will also do a back up of your current rom before flashing the new one

very handy if you dont like the new rom

hope that is of some help to you im new to all this stuff

so im sure there are more ways of doing it but its the safest and easiest

way i found

brooksy

i started to work with the rom manager, chose a rom, then wipe/flash. now already for 5 minutes i see the triangle with the exclamation mark and the robot. did it hang?

Guest djbrooksy
i started to work with the rom manager, chose a rom, then wipe/flash. now already for 5 minutes i see the triangle with the exclamation mark and the robot. did it hang?

sounds like the clockwork recovery mod is not working right

hold in your volume up button in and tap your power button

if im on the right track here it should bring up some blue writing hit the power button again to re boot system now

all being good your phone should reboot

before trying again make sure that rom manager has root access you can do that by having a look at

the super user app that should be on the phone

and flash the the clockwork mod top option in rom manager should be 2.5.0.7

i have found that it can be a bit funny at times and you might need to flash a old copy first

done with bottom option in rom manager then reflash the new one with the top option

i hope im on the right track here and i hope that helps