Installing On Memory Card

Guest stumpy6

Guest stumpy6

After having this phone for a couple of weeks now, i can say it probably one of the best i've owned. I now have a sort of problem, that i hope that somebody can help me with.

I have over the weekend been busy on android market buying a a few games and apps (games for the kids!!) as you do, but i have came up against a problem.

I have now ran out of internal memory. I have a 16gb memory card installed and was wondering is it possible and if so how can i install onto the memory card?

Also as how do i rename folders so it tells me what they are instead of just saying folder? As i like to have one for apps and others for games etc.

Thanks

Guest onlinejobwork
After having this phone for a couple of weeks now, i can say it probably one of the best i've owned. I now have a sort of problem, that i hope that somebody can help me with.

I have over the weekend been busy on android market buying a a few games and apps (games for the kids!!) as you do, but i have came up against a problem.

I have now ran out of internal memory. I have a 16gb memory card installed and was wondering is it possible and if so how can i install onto the memory card?

Also as how do i rename folders so it tells me what they are instead of just saying folder? As i like to have one for apps and others for games etc.

Thanks

I got same problem as you and searching internet for any application that transffer of install all the program of file to SD card instead of main memory, try searching 'app2sd' its an application people using to tranasfer file apps to SD card but it might not suppoort or work on all the devices, if you using it you might brick (damage) your phone still u want to try, its advisable that you have your phone insured as, let me know if you find any proper mathod, or i will let u know if i found, try few link below i found might be useful but take care..

http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/A2SD

most extensive guide I found so far:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Apps2SD

Bye

Urvish

Guest damjan006

I found this on Polish forum and from what I am seeing apps2sd is definitely working for the GT540. I am wiling to test it tomorrow and I will keep you posted. Feel free to experiment but be careful you could brick your device !

Edited by damjan006