Good news: Official Apps2SD support “coming soon” to Android

Guest onlinejobwork

Guest onlinejobwork

:huh:

Hi all android user below 2.2 , its good news, the application people looking since long time called 'Apps2SD or App2sd google is plan to release it soon Officially , now no more rooting, no more googling, no command line to write, no partition to do on SD card, just run the apps and all done

Android’s dirty little secret may finally be put to rest soon. users have been asking Google to provide a solution which would allow them to store applications on their microSD card. Google finally confirmed they were working on the issue when they launched the Nexus One and now it looks like the fix is in the pipeline and they release soooon.

Oficial Qiatation from Google Rep. below

"Apologies, but I’m not permitted to disclose scheduling information – suffice to say

it’s coming soon ;)

Sorry for being vague, and thank you for your continued patience – I sincerely

appreciate it.

Happy friday :( SanAndroid engineer

So Rejoice Android user below 2.2, now you no need to looking for rom with 2.2

If anyone find latest or more updated information please post here first

find from Android's Google Code page, issue no 1151

Appeal to all AndLover please post All Apps2Sd related things, update, success, and failure here asap

Thanks

Urvish

Guest Igor S
;)

Hi all android user below 2.2 , its good news, the application people looking since long time called 'Apps2SD or App2sd google is plan to release it soon Officially , now no more rooting, no more googling, no command line to write, no partition to do on SD card, just run the apps and all done

Android’s dirty little secret may finally be put to rest soon. users have been asking Google to provide a solution which would allow them to store applications on their microSD card. Google finally confirmed they were working on the issue when they launched the Nexus One and now it looks like the fix is in the pipeline and they release soooon.

Oficial Qiatation from Google Rep. below

"Apologies, but I’m not permitted to disclose scheduling information – suffice to say

it’s coming soon :(

Sorry for being vague, and thank you for your continued patience – I sincerely

appreciate it.

Happy friday :D SanAndroid engineer

So Rejoice Android user below 2.2, now you no need to looking for rom with 2.2

If anyone find latest or more updated information please post here first

find from Android's Google Code page, issue no 1151

Appeal to all AndLover please post All Apps2Sd related things, update, success, and failure here asap

Thanks

Urvish

Old news - Apr 30 - http://androidandme.com/2010/04/news/offic...oon-to-android/

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1151

:huh: not for 2.1

solved only for 2.2

Edited by Igor S

Guest onlinejobwork

I send email to several oficial source and they reply after 9 days mention that they will release utility called apps2Sd (the name maybe not same one) for all version of Android below 2.2, still in alpha version and will release only after being tested on all platform and devices just to make sure eliminat all data related problem,

anyway I found the following video and info from following website and my friend perfectly used the application on G1 and its working just fine, no one yet try on LG Gt540 yet, let me know if anyone date to to and record success on LG gt540, see link below

Video Tutorial:

let me know if it work

Edited by onlinejobwork