MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Kiran J. Holla
*** custom_zip is for merging to the kitchen (see 'Custom Ingredients' in thread post #2). Custom zip has nothing todo with radio.

I'll attach a signed_power_update.zip to be flashed via custom Recovery. Please let me know if this zip is working. I can't test it as I already have the files in my ROM.

How to test? Install a logcat viewer ( eg: aLogcat from Market). Switch screen on/off. You must see this:

*** awake ***: switching CPU frequency governor ....

*** sleeping ***: switching CPU frequency governor ....

WARNING : In both cases ('custom ingredients' or 'custom recovery) you must check 'Disable perflock' option in Paul's kitchen. I

*** ONLY IF YOU HAVE radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 already flashed you may apply signed_ril.zip via Custom Recovery.

Just curious. Can't the same behavior be achieved using the SetCPU app? What is the advantage of this approach other than the fact that you don't need to buy the SetCPU app?

Regards,

Kiran

Just curious. Can't the same behavior be achieved using the SetCPU app? What is the advantage of this approach other than the fact that you don't need to buy the SetCPU app?

Regards,

Kiran

Have no idea I don't use it.

My assumptions here:

SetCPU needs governors to work. If you don't have interactive and powersave governors you can't get the same behavior. Furthermore both powersave and iteractive accepts min and max freq parameters. Don't know if setcpu can accomodate this.

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Have no idea I don't use it.

My assumptions here:

SetCPU needs governors to work. If you don't have interactive and powersave governors you can't get the same behavior. Furthermore both powersave and iteractive accepts min and max freq parameters. Don't know if setcpu can accomodate this.

SetCPU allows you to create profiles.

For example, I have the following profiles created:

Charging AC/Full - max 998 min 245

Screen Off - max 245 min 245

Battery < 30% - max 245 min 245

Battery < 40% - max 384 min 245

Battery < 60% - max 499 min 245

Battery < 75% - max 576 min 245

Battery < 85% - max 768 min 245

SetCPU sets the CPU frequency accordingly based on Charging/Screen/Battery status.

As for the use of Governors internally, I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone else can chip in.

Let me add though that I have never been able to get the kind of battery usage you have mentioned. Mine usually lasts just a day with considerable (if not heavy) use of 3G and Wifi. I use my Desire more for data rather than calls.

Am just wondering what advantages I have to gain by flashing the custom.zip that you've provided.

Regards,

Kiran

SetCPU sets the CPU frequency accordingly based on Charging/Screen/Battery status.

As for the use of Governors internally, I honestly don't know. Perhaps someone else can chip in.

Let me add though that I have never been able to get the kind of battery usage you have mentioned. Mine usually lasts just a day with considerable (if not heavy) use of 3G and Wifi. I use my Desire more for data rather than calls.

Am just wondering what advantages I have to gain by flashing the custom.zip that you've provided.

Regards,

Kiran

Hi, See my updated post about interactive governor.

To answer your question: there's no need to use my mod but you can give it a try and provide us some feedback.

The problem with your profile , please correct me if I'm wrong, is that you set a custom freq for a battery level. For example: Battery < 60% - max 499 min 245. In this case if you have heavy load on system (playing a game for example), your max freq is 500Mhz. Basically your CPU will 'work' more at 500Mhz to do the job. It is a flame on the internet regarding this: work more at lower freq or work less at higher freq? With this interactive governor you'll get a better CPU freq according to the system needs.

Guest snapilica

Regards,

Kiran

OK so the thing is like this, you can use SetCPU to set custom frequencies but SetCPU only uses the installed governors in the kernel. By default HTC kernel only includes performance, ondemand and user governors. This mod also installs the extra governors needed (powersave and interactive). If you have these new governors you can use them with SetCPU the same as the init scripts (that are also in the mod). The advantage of having them in the init scripts is that you don't have to permanently run an app to switch between governors. With this mod it's all done within the kernel, without the assistance of an app that has to run all the time.

Guest Chronic404

Hi guys, Since i've updated to the MoDaCo Froyo ROM R5 a few weeks back, when i use the Wifi Hotspot i have found it goes into a reboot loop, and i cannot switch off the Wifi because it keeps rebooting when i do, is there anyone else with this experience, and is there a fix?

:huh:

Guest pfsykes

Hi,

Just a thought is there any way to get the battery percentage on the HTC lock screen.

Its a pain to unlock then put the join the dots to then look at the battery usage.

Peter

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Hi,

Just a thought is there any way to get the battery percentage on the HTC lock screen.

Its a pain to unlock then put the join the dots to then look at the battery usage.

Peter

You could consider flashing the Super Circle Battery from here. This shows you the battery percentage right on the taskbar which is visible even when the screen is locked.

I have this flashed over R8 and it works perfectly. Nevertheless just to be safe, make sure you do a Nandroid backup before you flash anything.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest zombiefly
*** custom_zip is for merging to the kitchen (see 'Custom Ingredients' in thread post #2). Custom zip has nothing todo with radio.

I'll attach a signed_power_update.zip (see http://android.modaco.com/content-page/316...royo/page/480/# ) to be flashed via custom Recovery. Please let me know if this zip is working. I can't test it as I already have the files in my ROM.

How to test? Install a logcat viewer ( eg: aLogcat from Market). Switch screen on/off. You must see this:

*** awake ***: switching CPU frequency governor ....

*** sleeping ***: switching CPU frequency governor ....

WARNING : In both cases ('custom ingredients' or 'custom recovery) you must check 'Disable perflock' option in Paul's kitchen. I

*** ONLY IF YOU HAVE radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 already flashed you may apply signed_ril.zip via Custom Recovery.

ok so i did as you said, applied new radio, rebooted, applied new update file, rebooted

switched on alogcat, turned screen off/on

I can see no entries of *** awake *** or *** sleep **

Guest snapilica
ok so i did as you said, applied new radio, rebooted, applied new update file, rebooted

which file did you used?

custom_zip or signed_power_update?

Only signed_power_update is flash-able... custom_zip is only for baking it into the kitchen.

Also when you use alogcat, it's better to search for string "governor" and then turn screen off and on.

Was 'disable perflock' checked when you baked? If yes, then it could be the signed_power_update.zip . As I said I can't test that file right now. Can anyone confirm that is not working?

Guest zombiefly
which file did you used?

custom_zip or signed_power_update?

Only signed_power_update is flash-able... custom_zip is only for baking it into the kitchen.

Also when you use alogcat, it's better to search for string "governor" and then turn screen off and on.

i used signed_power_update

filtered alogcat on governor and still nothing.

I'm pretty sure I baked this ROM with the Disable perflock option. Is there any way to tell if this option is enabled or not?

i used signed_power_update

filtered alogcat on governor and still nothing.

I'm pretty sure I baked this ROM with the Disable perflock option. Is there any way to tell if this option is enabled or not?

Install root explorer go to /system/etc/init.d and see if you have these files:

97perflock

98mods00

98mods01_screenstate_scaling

Guest zombiefly
Install root explorer go to /system/etc/init.d and see if you have these files:

97perflock

98mods00

98mods01_screenstate_scaling

yes, i have those files...

Guest zombiefly
Is alogcat set on verbose?

yes... still no sign of governor entries

I turned off juice defender incase that was causing an issue, but it hasn't changed anything.

How is your experience with the latest Radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23?

A lot of people on XDA are reporting issues with signal loss etc. especially on Open Desire.

I have no problems so far with Modaco R8 but i had to lock my signal to GSM manually due to my current location. Havent really tried WLAN and GPS so far.

I don't see those! :huh:

So this is the pb, you don't have the modules installed. It seems that signed_power_update.zip is not working. A fix is to re-bake with custom_zip.zip

Guest zombiefly
So this is the pb, you don't have the modules installed. It seems that signed_power_update.zip is not working. A fix is to re-bake with custom_zip.zip

I will backup with titanium and bake a new one!

back in 10....

How is your experience with the latest Radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23?

A lot of people on XDA are reporting issues with signal loss etc. especially on Open Desire.

I have no problems so far with Modaco R8 but i had to lock my signal to GSM manually due to my current location. Havent really tried WLAN and GPS so far.

Don't know if is related to RIL update or not. Try to flash RIL update. See my post: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/316...royo/page/480/#