MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Thomas_Leics
Another outstanding effort, although oddly I ended up with no Google maps. This is odd as in V8 WIP the Google Maps app simply disappeared off my phone on two occasions. Probably something specific to me though?

Excellent ROM. Although I ended up with exactly the same problem. Google Maps keeps disappearing after every reboot and has to be installed from the market again, only to disappear again.

Guest Nsonic101
Excellent ROM. Although I ended up with exactly the same problem. Google Maps keeps disappearing after every reboot and has to be installed from the market again, only to disappear again.

that's the problem I have - no google maps, gmail not working, market not working. and you cannot add gmail account for syncing. It seems that something google related stuff is missing in the rom

and People app is closing..it is definitely problem with google account settings and syncing and probably some other google software related stuff...Paul can you please look into this?

this ROM is unusable and unfortunately I had to revert back if this is not resolved..

Edited by Nsonic101

Hi Paul,

New registered user here but long time user of your r3.1 Eclair ROM, I have a couple of questions about the new r8 release:

- how much space is available on first boot with this ROM?

- when you say "added xxx option" or "Added MCR Boot Animation (stock and N1 as options)", does this mean everything is included in the pre-baked ROM (I'm looking at the r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+) and can be enabled/disabled at will? Or do I have to sign up for the online kitchen and disable the options I do not want BEFORE downloading the ROM?

Thanks a bunch!

Guest jheart

Hey. Love this rom but am i stupid or what cuz i cant find finnish language option from this rom and auto sync aint working either:( its just showing the sync icon in notification bar 24/7. Its really annoying:S i quess i gotta re-flash tonight

Guest wiggy6230
Anyone having problems with the sync signal permanently being on?

Hi,

I have this problem on the MCR R8, only when I have wifi or data connections on. When I turn those off the sync stays on, so I look in Accounts & Sync, auto sync is de-selected but the Sync all button at the bottom of the screen says Cancel Sync soI do and it gets ridof the Sync Symbol.

When I check my accounts nothing is actually syncing and they wil not sync when I press sync now.

Doug

@ Noonski,

I didnt bake in the Friendstream, do you think this has anything to do with the sync symbol being on?

Cheers,

Doug

Edited by wiggy6230

Guest jheart
Hi,

I have this problem on the MCR R8, only when I have wifi or data connections on. When I turn those off the sync stays on, so I look in Accounts & Sync, auto sync is de-selected but the Sync all button at the bottom of the screen says Cancel Sync soI do and it gets ridof the Sync Symbol.

When I check my accounts nothing is actually syncing and they wil not sync when I press sync now.

Doug

I have exactly the same issue. I didnt bake in the friendstream. Im gonna bake new one soon and flash itsensä

Guest vinnyutd6899
From what I have read on the WIP threaf, the majority of users with the always on sync issue resolved it by baking in friendstream

Cheers will do a re-bake now.

Guest Noonski
Hi,

Doug

@ Noonski,

I didnt bake in the Friendstream, do you think this hasanything to do with the sync symbol being on?

Cheers,

Doug

Yes it has been covered in the R8 WIP and RC thread.

(i know it's a lot to read, i'm partly to blame :huh:)

If you want HTC Facebook Contact Sync, you need to include Friendstream.

And if you don't want it you can simply disable it or not bake in Facebook.

@Paul

Maybe that's a good idea for R9WIP.

Put the HTC Facebook Sync part with the Friendstream option.

And either leave out the regular Facebook or leave it as an option.

The syncing works anyway (I always take out Facebook from ROM and install it afterwards to A2SD, but Contacts are synced anyway as I leave that part in the ROM)

Edited by Noonski

Guest Noonski
So DroidWall is really working with this release?

It was in the RC, so I presume it should also be working in the final.

(haven't baked me a new one yet, and not planning on doing it ASAP, R8 is Good)

Guest lambrospower

i am getting many reboots with this rom....i never had reboot before with my rom....i tried reflashing it 5 times and still have problems....especially the problem is when i have the phone on charger and try to update facebook contacts with HTC Facebook....this reboots my phone after 10 minutes or less...

i have the friendstream uninstalled though if it cause prbs

Guest Nsonic101

Is anyone experiencing the problem with missing Google maps, and problems with Gmail and Market? Also the Google account settings are missing in settings and it is not possible to add it later manually.

Guest DigitalC
Someone please clue me in, why should or wouldn't one want to add the optional radio?

Think of the radio as containing updated drivers for your hardware

Guest DigitalC
Is anyone experiencing the problem with missing Google maps, and problems with Gmail and Market? Also the Google account settings are missing in settings and it is not possible to add it later manually.

No such issues for me..... did you exclude anything from the bake?

Edit - nvn, I see you used a prebake, did you wipe?

Edited by DigitalC

Guest Noonski
Someone please clue me in, why should or wouldn't one want to add the optional radio?

If you still have one of the pre Sense Froyo Leaked Radio's before 31.xx or 32.xx on your device.

You won't be able to use camera.

And there's been reports of the latest radio giving somewhat better 720 video recording.

Also radio's get better and smarter at connecting to Cells and eventually use less Battery in the end.

(or switch Cells faster, get better reception etc etc)

Guest Nsonic101
No such issues for me..... did you exclude anything from the bake?

Edit - nvn, I see you used a prebake, did you wipe?

I used prebake and didn't wipe as Paul wrote it is not necessary to wipe. Apart of Google services everything works OK. And Google maps were missing

Edited by Nsonic101

Guest Computersylvia

Hallo,

I nedd help. I have a rootet Desire with r3 from Modaco. My SD-Card is broken. Now I have a new. I have installt the clockwork-recovery and anrevoked on my PC with Win7 32 bit. Now I must configure the ext3 on SD-Card-> with wich programm can I do this?

And than I will flash the r8 from Modaco.

Pleas give me a little help.

With best regards

Sylvia

Guest sleaztek

all is working fine except for the map app.....its missing and every time i download it it works but than if i reboot the device its gone....

any idea????