MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Any known patches for that? I don't think the problem is with the rom nor unrevoked

Forget about unrevoked, it;s done it's thing as you are able to put ROM's on.

As for the market etc, I meant they were down in general as in they weren't working for me for a period of time this morning either. Check it now all the services inc. gmail are up and running. If it's still not working, then I can only suggest you do a full wipe and re-flash the ROM.

Guest romvaillant
Hi everybody!!

I have a probleme but I think it will be easy for you solve it :lol:

I have a HTC desire with baked rom R8. I need to edit build.prop from /system but I cannot...

I tried several things but I cannot... I tried:

- Edit file with Root Explorer application but when phone restarts, changes don't stay,

- push new build.prop with adb push command, but I have read only file system error, so I remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system with r/w permissions but after it, I have directory is not empty error,

- Open rom archive, edit build.prop and flash with new archive but it detects, that I edited build.prop, in verifying step when flash from Zip!

I need to change one line : ro.product.brand value to "orange_fr-b2b" in order to run application (tv d'orange checks this value...).

Somebody have an issue, or idea?

Thanks for helping

Hi!

Somebody have idea to help me??

I try an other thing:

I reboot phone into recovery mode and do an adb push. The push command seems to work (some kb tranfered) but when I restart the phone (with adb reboot) -> there is no change...

To sum up my problem: I want to edit build.prop into system directory...

Guest professordes
Hi!

Somebody have idea to help me??

I try an other thing:

I reboot phone into recovery mode and do an adb push. The push command seems to work (some kb tranfered) but when I restart the phone (with adb reboot) -> there is no change...

To sum up my problem: I want to edit build.prop into system directory...

Strange, I have rebooted into (clockworkmod) recovery before, mounted /system from the menu in that and then edited stuff via adb shell before and I'm sure it has stuck.

Guest algoholic
Forget about unrevoked, it;s done it's thing as you are able to put ROM's on.

As for the market etc, I meant they were down in general as in they weren't working for me for a period of time this morning either. Check it now all the services inc. gmail are up and running. If it's still not working, then I can only suggest you do a full wipe and re-flash the ROM.

Thanks, This seems to worked, I've wiped out everything started clean and the Rom Woeks, The only thing that doesn't is the a2sd, I've partitioned using Rom manager but this doesn't seem to catch

Guest Chronic404

Since i added the R8 release, i have no Last.fm Widget, anyone else with this problem?

I've downloaded Last.fm from the market, and it installs the program, i can use the App shortcut, but one of my favourite things about it was the widget, but there is no option to add the widget in my widget menu. :lol:

Any ideas?

Guest koko2004

hi there,

just flash with this and so happy but got a problem when updating system, i mean using system software updates and got new update.

tried to update but when in recovery mode it said the zip file is unsign zip..

anyone know how to solve this or no need to update the system?

sory for mybad english

thx

hi there,

just flash with this and so happy but got a problem when updating system, i mean using system software updates and got new update.

tried to update but when in recovery mode it said the zip file is unsign zip..

anyone know how to solve this or no need to update the system?

sory for mybad english

thx

You only have 2 choices, they don't mix:

1. Do not customise your phone, keep it standard , keep your warranty and apply the system software updates when received.

2. Customise using ROMs such as MoDaCo etc which means you can't use system updates (and also lose warranty). These updates are provided in each full ROM release. As you can see from the forum, R9 is still WIP but does include updates released so far. I'd advise you to stick to R8 for now until R9 is full release to avoid issues for yourself. Or, if you want to retain your warranty, reverse everything you've done including rooting... :lol:

Edited by BashyUK

Guest algoholic

***Final Update for now (hopefully)

Everything worked, fought with the a2sd for an hour or so, didn't make it and then found a new wat of making apps to be saved on the sd card on froyo 2.2 using the android sdk (I felt like a real dev for 5 minutes) :lol: :

http://sefanboy.com/2010/09/05/android-2-2...ard-by-default/ - This works very good and I'm happy :)

Guest koko2004
You only have 2 choices, they don't mix:

1. Do not customise your phone, keep it standard , keep your warranty and apply the system software updates when received.

2. Customise using ROMs such as MoDaCo etc which means you can't use system updates (and also lose warranty). These updates are provided in each full ROM release. As you can see from the forum, R9 is still WIP but does include updates released so far. I'd advise you to stick to R8 for now until R9 is full release to avoid issues for yourself. Or, if you want to retain your warranty, reverse everything you've done including rooting... :lol:

oh..understand now..

thx a lot for this

cheers.

Guest sleeves_007

When installing this or another modaco desire rom I get this?

E: can't symlink /system/xbin/bb

E: failure at line 43

symlink /system/bin/su system:xbin/bb

Help, what does this mean?

SD Card partitioned in rom manager

Nexus one was running cyanogenmod 6 no problems and I can load that again with no problems.

Am I missing something, radio? SPL? SD Card EXT

HBOOT 0.33.0012

Radio 4.06.00.12.7

Relative newbie..

Edited by sleeves_007

Hi,

I'm currently using a self-baked r8-desire rom. I'm often using apn apps like in "extended controls" or "apndroid", but none of them isn't working anymore. Although the default apn gets, for example, changed into "myapnextendedcontrols" or "myapnapndroid", 3g internet is still working. I've nearly tried about 12 different apn apps, but it's still the same.

Does anyone of you know what I can do?

Thanx

Michael

I have the same problem. Any solution?

Guest dr_sherman

Hi All,

Can anybody explain how the application autoupdater should work? I've marked all of my applications (individually) to autoupdate in the market app. However, whenever I check under downloads a number of applications are showing as requiring an update!

Hi All,

Can anybody explain how the application autoupdater should work? I've marked all of my applications (individually) to autoupdate in the market app. However, whenever I check under downloads a number of applications are showing as requiring an update!

Any application that has changed which API's it calls (what data it accesses) will require a manual update since you as the user have to approve of these changes. Applications that do not change which API's they call will automatically update on their own.

Guest Balogh József

Hi, I use this r8 custom rom for a month, and I find that, after 1 day of usage (web, facebook, mail, phone calls, etc...) something eat the memory. The free memory goes down to ~20mb, the phone become very slow and I see less and less running processes. The only solution is the restart.

Has any idea about the reason of the problem? This is very annoying :-(

Guest smumford
When installing this or another modaco desire rom I get this?

E: can't symlink /system/xbin/bb

E: failure at line 43

symlink /system/bin/su system:xbin/bb

Help, what does this mean?

SD Card partitioned in rom manager

Nexus one was running cyanogenmod 6 no problems and I can load that again with no problems.

Am I missing something, radio? SPL? SD Card EXT

HBOOT 0.33.0012

Radio 4.06.00.12.7

Relative newbie..

I think you may need to include the radio file in the update as you seem to be using an old one which is not compatible with android 2.2

Guest the_hand
Hi, I use this r8 custom rom for a month, and I find that, after 1 day of usage (web, facebook, mail, phone calls, etc...) something eat the memory. The free memory goes down to ~20mb, the phone become very slow and I see less and less running processes. The only solution is the restart.

Has any idea about the reason of the problem? This is very annoying :-(

I noticed the same thing with the R8. THe R9 WIP seems to be better in that manner.

Hi Paul

Just wanted to make sure on something:

1. If I download the rom from your site (r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+ - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: b55afe026c53004ffa38b11e9eebc912) does it come with ads on my mobile?

2. Does it have all the features as the HTC original rom (2.1)?

3. The link by requirements does not point to how to root the HTC Desire or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

after a little rocky start flashing my first rom, i couldn't be more happy with it. Just bedding it in now and see how it goes. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but with the HTC keyboard on the stock release the 2 left key was the settings key, in this ROM it's language. Is there anyway to change this back to settings.

big thanks to paul as well, so much so that i signed up so i could bake my own.