TWeak mod for CHT8000 (and Pulse, if you choose to)

Guest twrock

a more complete APN configuration list of Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, and Macao providers

Hey, thanks for that information. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and try to work it in.

How "critical" is this code? What happens without it?

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Hey, thanks for that information. I'll have a look at it tomorrow and try to work it in.

How "critical" is this code? What happens without it?

nothing will happen.

If an apn profile is missing, the user have to input it manually.

that's all

nothing will happen.

If an apn profile is missing, the user have to input it manually.

that's all

Hmm, I'm feeling lazy (while riding out this typhoon; fun, isn't it?), and I don't want to repackage this rom yet again.

Maybe I'll temporarily try to create a simple update for that one file that people can flash who want it. I'll work on it now and do some testing. I'll post it if it works for me (i.e. if it doesn't crash my system; I can't really test it, because I don't need to use it).

Thanks for the info.

Edit: Ok, I did it the lazy man's way. Any chance you can test this update? It didn't seem to kill my machine, but other than it flashing into rom, I don't know if it did anything at all! :lol:

tweakapnflb16a_signed.zip

Edited by twrock

How can you "mute" the HanvonCalla Chinese handwriting ? For some reason I cant turn the sound off when it recognize thing or use its keyboard

Well, if it is any consolation, I can't turn it off either. Nope, I don't see any settings for that.

I guess it never bothered me because I use it very little. If I used it all the time, that would be annoying.

Guest protocold

I am using TWeak (Tre2.1ADW) and my SD has both EXT and SWAP partition created. When I do a2sd check, it said [*] Swap starts... does it mean that the Tre2.1ADW also has a kernel with swap enabled and the swap is actually WORKING?

Edited by protocold

I am using TWeak (Tre2.1ADW) and my SD has both EXT and SWAP partition created. When I do a2sd check, it said [*] Swap starts... does it mean that the Tre2.1ADW also has a kernel with swap enabled and the swap is actually WORKING?

Certainly not that I know of! :lol:

I'm glad to see that there are others using this rom. I keep experimenting with all the latest roms that get released here at MoDaCo, but each time, I eventually end up back on this rom. It's simply the most stable 2.1 rom I've found for my phone. And "stable" is of high priority to me.

I am planning on an update with the list of APN's that TaiwanCHT8k posted and I'm maybe considering changing the "fingerprint" so that a few more apps show up in the Market. But I don't know if I want to do that or to have it show up as the CHT8000 or leave it alone (which I think is just a generic U8220). Any other updates anyone who uses the rom would like me to consider?

Maybe, for the fun of it, I'll repartition and put swap space back on my sd and have a look. I suspect that a2sd is just telling you that it is switching it on, but without the kernel support, nothing is happening. Please let us know if you discover something different.

Guest protocold
Maybe, for the fun of it, I'll repartition and put swap space back on my sd and have a look. I suspect that a2sd is just telling you that it is switching it on, but without the kernel support, nothing is happening. Please let us know if you discover something different.

pls do. I think your rom is more stable too. At least i dont get those acore problem.

I ran "free" from the shell and confirmed that the swap is not working. Can you pls add swap?? :lol:

pls do. I think your rom is more stable too. At least i dont get those acore problem.

I ran "free" from the shell and confirmed that the swap is not working. Can you pls add swap?? :)

Don't I wish! I've been trying to add the swap enabled kernel to this rom's boot image for days. I can not get it to work.

In my experimentation, I have been able to get swap to work by simply flashing the boot.img the fibblesan produced. So, yes, you should be able to get that to work too. Try it.

But, the next problem is that the a2sd version in this TWeak 0.3 rom is too old and doesn't allow me to adjust the necessary swap settings to make it work well. But all attempts I have made to add DT Apps2SD 2.7.5 final to this rom have resulted in either it hanging at boot or a loss of all wireless (cell, wifi, bluetooth, all gone). So given the choice between a phone that works without swap and a phone that has swap but won't connect to anything, I'll take the one without swap.

I thought I could fix it temporarily by using an older version of a2sd but I haven't found one.

So unless I can figure out why I can't seem to produce a boot.img that doesn't kill all wireless connectivity, my suggestion is that you flash the 2.6.29 boot.img with swap enabled, and then use Swapper2 to build your swap file and make all the adjustments there.

Unfortunately the really smart guys who know what they are doing are busy trying to get Froyo working for us all. I don't think anyone is interested in redoing the Tre rom to add the latest version of Apps2SD and enable swap. Maybe if you asked really nicely....... :lol:

Good luck.

Well, if it is any consolation, I can't turn it off either. Nope, I don't see any settings for that.

I guess it never bothered me because I use it very little. If I used it all the time, that would be annoying.

you must user new version CallaHandWriting 2.4 can mute that, I just want to do that, but your rom can't edit.

Please add this file & post the edit rom . Thank you very much

HandWriting.rar

you must user new version CallaHandWriting 2.4 can mute that, I just want to do that, but your rom can't edit.

Please add this file & post the edit rom . Thank you very much

Perfect timing. I'm intending to update to both TWeak 0.4 and TWeak FLB1.6b today. I will include this update in both.

Thanks!

Edited by twrock

Is the CallaHandWriting better than the HwIME.zip that either you or other post on this forum?

In my opinion, HanvonCalla is better.

Here is the latest version (1.2.10.24) of HanvonCalla IME in a flashable zip format. Use your custom recovery to install this file.

Again, for anyone who can't get this to install, it is probably because your installed rom doe not have enough space in /system. Specifically, if you have updated to 2.1 (Eclair) using the UK updata, you "probably" won't be able to add this to your rom. So I suggest that if you really want it, reflash your device with the Tre 2.1 updata first, install whatever custom rom you want, then install this file.

As always, do a nandroid backup before messing around with your rom.

Download: ChineseHandwriting

Edited by twrock

Guest protocold
But, the next problem is that the a2sd version in this TWeak 0.3 rom is too old and doesn't allow me to adjust the necessary swap settings to make it work well. But all attempts I have made to add DT Apps2SD 2.7.5 final to this rom have resulted in either it hanging at boot or a loss of all wireless (cell, wifi, bluetooth, all gone). So given the choice between a phone that works without swap and a phone that has swap but won't connect to anything, I'll take the one without swap.

I wonder why FLB 1.6b only has 2.7.5 RC2 but not final as well... might be issue with final in general?

I wonder why FLB 1.6b only has 2.7.5 RC2 but not final as well... might be issue with final in general?

fibblesan is having exactly the same problem trying to update to 2.7.5 final, but I know it is not a problem with Apps2SD. I can get 2.7.5 to work perfectly, but I can't get the rom boot.img to pack correctly (I lose network support; I know this is a problem with my repacking, not with a2sd).

Not to criticize fibblesan at all (yes, I think he is brilliant), but I think it might be something with the way he modified both FLB and this Tre 2.1 mod in the beginning. But he hasn't been able to track it down, and I think he is much more motivated now by getting 2.2 working to bother with fixing 2.1 roms that "work".

I'm still working to figure out why I can't properly pack a boot.img. If I can get my plans to work, I'm hopeful that I can get a version of TWeak (Tre2.1ADW) to work with swap and allow settings tweaking. In the mean time. TWeak 0.4 (Tre2.1ADW) is uploading at this moment (still no swap though).

Announcing the availability of TWeak 0.4 (Tre2.1ADW). I'm using it; I'm liking it! Hope you do too.

See the first post for the download link.

I'm done for the moment.

Now it's time for the .........

Footy Grand Final!

Go St. Kilda!

Edit: Wow! I'm shocked. How do you tie at the end of a two hour game?!! :lol: Just one more behind and it would have been over. Well, on the bright side, I've got another game to watch next week! B)

Edited by twrock

Thx so much.. since I wanted the swap, I am now running your version that based on 1.6b, it is working good so far.

I'm glad you have something that is working for you. B)

"In other news....."

I've got a fresh version of the Tre boot.img with root and DT Apps2SD 2.7.5 Final running! B)

With some critical information from Bobo (bigbear), I was able to get past the problem of losing network connections. My next step will be to add the kernel with swap enabled, repack it, and have the base system to work from to do other things.

But, I'm out of time this afternoon. :lol: Maybe I'll get some time tonight. Who knows, if the installation scripts will work without changes, I might have TWeak 0.5 (Tre2.1ADW) with swap up and running by tonight later.

I love it when a plan comes together!

(Thanks Bobo!)

Edit: It works with swap in there too (thanks to fibblesan's 2.6.29 kernel)! But I am out of time to do more with it today. At best it'll be next week some time before I might have a complete rom to distribute. (Fingers crossed.) This stuff is fun, ...... when it works! :lol:

Edited by twrock

Announcing the release of TWeak 0.5b. See the first post for details.

In summary, this is a new modification of the Tre 2.1 rom (B822) that includes root, apps2sd and the swap kernel along with "most" of the modifications of previous versions of this rom. I haven't been using it for long, but during installation and my use since then, I have not encountered a single acore warning or fc. As always, YMMV, but I hope it works as smoothly for you.

Enjoy!

Guest JohnPorter
Announcing the release of TWeak 0.5b. See the first post for details.

In summary, this is a new modification of the Tre 2.1 rom (B822) that includes root, apps2sd and the swap kernel along with "most" of the modifications of previous versions of this rom. I haven't been using it for long, but during installation and my use since then, I have not encountered a single acore warning or fc. As always, YMMV, but I hope it works as smoothly for you.

Enjoy!

Did you create this using the Kitchen which was suggested by Flibblesan in the J-MOD thread? If so, could you go through the steps you did and if you came across any errors? I can get the kitchen to create a rom but I can't get it to install.

Guest protocold

I actually got quite a few acore or fc on this one and it does seems to lag quite a bit..... :lol:

also.... how can I open a text file without it choosing HTML viewer as default? as I am trying to copy and paste some stuff inside that text file and the HTML viewer wouldnt let me....

Edited by protocold

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
also.... how can I open a text file without it choosing HTML viewer as default? as I am trying to copy and paste some stuff inside that text file and the HTML viewer wouldnt let me....

longpress on the file and select open in text editor