TWeak mod for CHT8000 (and Pulse, if you choose to)

Guest twrock

I actually got quite a few acore or fc on this one and it does seems to lag quite a bit..... B)

also.... how can I open a text file without it choosing HTML viewer as default? as I am trying to copy and paste some stuff inside that text file and the HTML viewer wouldnt let me....

Did you do a complete wipe? If you have a swap partition, have you set swappiness to 15?

Here are the steps I took just to make sure I had a perfectly clean install:

1. Nandroid backup

2. Reflashed the Tre 2.1 updata update

3. Booted into the Tre rom, and "skipped" through the initial setup

4. Rebooted into fastboot and flashed Clockwork Recovery

5. Rebooted into Recovery and wiped

6. Installed the TWeak 0.5b rom

7. Rebooted into the new rom and went through the initial setup

8. Before doing anything else, set swappiness to 15 from Terminal Emulator

su

a2sd swappy15

Through that entire process I did not have a single acore or fc.

BUT, in the outside chance that I really screwed something up, I will verify that the rom I uploaded to the web is in fact the same one I have on my phone. (Things can get a bit confusing in the middle of the night when you are desperately trying to finish a new rom but you really just need to be in bed.) :lol:

Please let me know if you continue to have problems, or if you discover what you did differently than me (like not wiping first, etc.).

Edited by twrock

Did you create this using the Kitchen which was suggested by Flibblesan in the J-MOD thread? If so, could you go through the steps you did and if you came across any errors? I can get the kitchen to create a rom but I can't get it to install.

Yes, I did use the kitchen. Wow is that a life saver! Trying to learn how to do all of this longhand is a pain and it is very easy to make a tiny little mistake and not be able to find it. The kitchen is way easier and "safer".

But, I'm just starting my work day. I don't dare take too long to type this up and I won't be available to answer any questions until later anyway. So some time tonight (at least 9 hours from the time I post this), I will be able to get back to you on that.

But for a teaser, the hardest part was getting the swap-enabled kernel into the Tre boot.img. It's possible I didn't need to do that work myself, and I don't think there is any reason for you to have to do it either. Fibblesan has already done it for the UK rom, so you can use his. The rest is basically getting the kitchen set up right, and then doing some final editing of the signed rom it outputs.

I'll be back. :lol:

Guest protocold

I did the same, except that:

1)I used RA recovery instead of Clockwork

2)I did not set the swappiness (I assumed it was set at 15 somehow which isnt right)

But then the acore warning kicks in already right after the boot and during the "skip" setup stage.

The same instability is also experienced with FLB 1.7. :lol:

Now i went back to your Tweak1.6b and everything works fine again.. What did I do wrong?

Edited by protocold

I did the same, except that:

1)I used RA recovery instead of Clockwork

2)I did not set the swappiness (I assumed it was set at 15 somehow which isnt right)

But then the acore warning kicks in already right after the boot and during the "skip" setup stage.

The same instability is also experienced with FLB 1.7. B)

Now i went back to your Tweak1.6b and everything works fine again.. What did I do wrong?

Hmm, if it was just TWeak and not FLB, I'd think the problem was definitely something I did. So, I don't know. :lol:

Did you reflash the official Tre updata first so you know you have a "clean" base to start with?

Oh, and are you working with a Taiwan CHT8000? (Just curiosity on my part.)

Guest protocold
Hmm, if it was just TWeak and not FLB, I'd think the problem was definitely something I did. So, I don't know. :lol:

Did you reflash the official Tre updata first so you know you have a "clean" base to start with?

Oh, and are you working with a Taiwan CHT8000? (Just curiosity on my part.)

1)Let me go home and try again tonight

2)Yes I did. But i flash it through pressing power-volume up-hang up button with the dload folder on the SD

3)I am using a HK PCCW U8220.

1)Let me go home and try again tonight

2)Yes I did. But i flash it through pressing power-volume up-hang up button with the dload folder on the SD

3)I am using a HK PCCW U8220.

Just a quick reply during lunch.

Is there an official 2.1 update for your phone? I'm curious if this rom would work on top of that. I don't really understand what all happens when an official updata is flashed, but I have noticed that there is an "extra step" in the boot process right after the update is applied. I have also noticed that it seems to make a difference whether or not I allow it to fully boot the first time or if I try to install some other rom before it has had a chance to boot.

Maybe it is all just my imagination. I don't know what really happens, only what I think I see.

I haven't had time to completely check the uploaded version against the file on my phone to make sure they are exactly the same. I will download the one I put up on Mediafire and compare the files later. It's had a few other downloads besides yours, so "maybe" others aren't having problems. It's hard to know when there isn't a lot of feedback, either positive or negative.

Guest protocold
Just a quick reply during lunch.

Is there an official 2.1 update for your phone? I'm curious if this rom would work on top of that. I don't really understand what all happens when an official updata is flashed, but I have noticed that there is an "extra step" in the boot process right after the update is applied. I have also noticed that it seems to make a difference whether or not I allow it to fully boot the first time or if I try to install some other rom before it has had a chance to boot.

Maybe it is all just my imagination. I don't know what really happens, only what I think I see.

I haven't had time to completely check the uploaded version against the file on my phone to make sure they are exactly the same. I will download the one I put up on Mediafire and compare the files later. It's had a few other downloads besides yours, so "maybe" others aren't having problems. It's hard to know when there isn't a lot of feedback, either positive or negative.

1)No there isnt an official for PCCW U8220, but I flashed the official rom from CHT8000 and it works fine

2)I tried again tonight and things seems to be better.. now I only experienced 1 FC so far during the initial "skip" stage

3)Now have installed TextEdit, how can I make .txt file associated with it instead of the HTML viewer?

• 1 month later...
Guest hyakamaru

Having the same problem with this build's Chinese input as with this.

Check attachments.

Thanks.

EDIT: I installed the HW IME, but I cant seem to make it appear on screen. Also, that English keyboard looks weird.

post-728915-1289291405_thumb.png

post-728915-1289291418_thumb.png

Edited by hyakamaru

Having the same problem with this build's Chinese input as with this.

Check attachments.

Thanks.

EDIT: I installed the HW IME, but I cant seem to make it appear on screen. Also, that English keyboard looks weird.

See the other thread for how to choose the input method.

What you are looking at here is the Touchpal keyboard. To change English keyboard layouts in Touchpal, swipe your finger across the keyboard. Keep swiping for others.

To change to Zhuyin, tap the "EN" key.