Best Sat nav

Guest stumpy6

Guest stumpy6

Today i used the built in sat nav (Google Navigator) to get to a hospital appointment in London from southend and by tje time i got there i noticed that nearly all my pre paid credit had gone. I knew it connected to the internet but didnt realise that it would cost as much as it did.

I there a cheaper alternative ie one that i can buy and that does not need to connect to the internet, just like a stand alone sat nav ie tom tom, garmin.

If there is what is the best and cheapest to buy.

Guest turbocrow
Today i used the built in sat nav (Google Navigator) to get to a hospital appointment in London from southend and by tje time i got there i noticed that nearly all my pre paid credit had gone. I knew it connected to the internet but didnt realise that it would cost as much as it did.

I there a cheaper alternative ie one that i can buy and that does not need to connect to the internet, just like a stand alone sat nav ie tom tom, garmin.

If there is what is the best and cheapest to buy.

THe phone has built gps reciver it sbould not need internet try if u can turning it off in the settings

Guest DanWilson
THe phone has built gps reciver it sbould not need internet try if u can turning it off in the settings

The problem is Google Navigation uses data to download the maps when needed.

I personally haven't tried any Sat-Navs but but you could always try it, then if you don't like it, get a refund! :huh:

Get co pilot live cost nothing on phone network unless u use the live settings

Guest mixlis

I downloaded and use iGoMyWay.Works really good and no charge at all.!

I can send you the app but you need to find the maps-language for your country,because i have for greece

I think its frustrating changing maps,So better find the whole program ready for use :huh:

Guest LouiS22
I downloaded and use iGoMyWay.Works really good and no charge at all.!

I can send you the app but you need to find the maps-language for your country,because i have for greece

I think its frustrating changing maps,So better find the whole program ready for use :huh:

Please doesn't promote warez here. iGOMy Way for Android is not commercially available for Android.

Guest kayceejayh

Co-Pilot is mostly very good. BUT the support is appaling, after 60 days or whatever they only offer e-mail support, my CoPilot account had become locked, it look them nearly 10 days to actually respond to the email and fix the problem.

K

Guest RottenFoxBreath

I fell out of love for Copilot, its nice, fast, and glitzy looking, but the programme sucks sometimes, and the maps are woefully out of date(one garage near me, a POI, hasnt been there for at least 10 years, and it's not the only well out of date POI, or road, there are entirely new developments that have been built for around 5 or so years, and they arent in there either, yet the maps are supposed to be up to date..)

I would go with Sygic, at the moment, or NDrive 10, as they are a more all round programme, and the maps are more up to date.

Also, support doesn't suck as much as Copilot.

Guest stumpy6

Thank for all the suggestions i think after some research i'll give Ndrive a go. I'll take advantage of the 7 day trail on android market. If i can find a trail for the others all well and good.

I post again with my findings.

Thanks again for all the suggestions

Guest RottenFoxBreath

NDive's alright, but be prepared for an initial looooong download, and regular freezing when turning corners, and occasional loss of GPS(and refusal to reconnect unless you quit and restart the app).

Guest stumpy6

I've already experienced the freezing and also getting lost while on a straight road. Suddenly telling me i was going "off road" while on the A13.

Ill still carry on testing for the rest of the test time

Guest RottenFoxBreath
I've already experienced the freezing and also getting lost while on a straight road. Suddenly telling me i was going "off road" while on the A13.

Ill still carry on testing for the rest of the test time

LOL, :huh: it won't improve, and only gets worse, to a point where it seems to bog down, maybe the programmes cache is screwed, but it doesn't improve, on any phone it's on.

And it's been like that for the past version or two.

Try Sygic maps 10, if you want an accurate Sat Nav(it's routing is excellent, and all in all its a great complete package), or Copilot if you want glitz and flashiness over accuracy, with maps that seem to be way outdated.

There's another called Navdroyd, but it seems to be in its infancy, it uses TTS instead of voices, but works quite well, and the maps are good too.

You could always try Brut's take on Google maps, Here , which lets you cache the google map tiles to SD card, and use Google Navigation, for your trip, so no more connection charges with it.

Just download via wifi the tiles needed/maps, and your good to go.

This works really, really well.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest mixlis

In a google search, trying to find where i buy igomy way maps ,

I found this

*I dont know whether it is a pirated-illegal software or it is a legal-free.

Neither me nor this site(www.modaco.com) are responsible in case this is a cracked-illegal content, since it is not hosted here(www.modaco.com)

Use it on your own.

Edited by mixlis

Please doesn't promote warez here. iGOMy Way for Android is not commercially available for Android.

nevertheless, i tried it and can confirm that it works great on the optimus. beware only that the voice notifications may come a bit late, like "prepare to turn right in 100 meters", and you are actually already at the turn.

nevertheless, i tried it and can confirm that it works great on the optimus. beware only that the voice notifications may come a bit late, like "prepare to turn right in 100 meters", and you are actually already at the turn.

Confirmed.

Also its not program's problem cause optimus gps receiver updates 1 time per second, whereas some good gps devices update 2 or even 5 times a second :huh:

Edited by mixlis