Internet connection via USB

Guest ilovelg

Guest ilovelg

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

I bought this LG GT 540 month ago, and im tired waiting for 23:00 when my damn operator will turn the mobile internet on my phone, is there any possibility to get internet on my phone via USB ? Or maybe there is some USB routers on Computer Parts Shop, that can transwer internet from my PC via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth ?

Thanks in any given advice.

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Why not just switch on Wi-fi in the wireless settings on the phone, and use it with your router, till you get the 3G mobile network setup from your operator???

Guest ilovelg
Why not just switch on Wi-fi in the wireless settings on the phone, and use it with your router, till you get the 3G mobile network setup from your operator???

Do you really think im that stupid ? If i could do that i would use that. My Router dosnt have wi-fi antena.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Do you really think im that stupid ? If i could do that i would use that. My Router dosnt have wi-fi antena.

Do you really need to be so f'en rude, you ask a question, you get an answer, simple!

Guest ilovelg
Do you really need to be so f'en rude, you ask a question, you get an answer, simple!

Im not being rude, the question was about internet via USB. Not about routers or something.

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Hmmm....your operator doesn't turn on the mobile network...YOU DO!!!, straight out of the box...it's in wireless settings...

of course, you need to be on the right tariff, etc, so you don't get charged.

My Router dosnt have wi-fi antena.

And you mentioned routers, a wireless router would let you use wifi, so i guess you have a modem, not a router.

So to summarise,

1. you need to have the correct tariff, so that you dont get charged for using the net.

2. you can turn the mobile network on and off when you feel like it, as it works on the same network your calls do.

3. to use wifi, you need a wireless router.

So much for "Thanks for any advice given"... :huh:

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest ilovelg
Hmmm....your operator doesn't turn on the mobile network...YOU DO!!!, straight out of the box...it's in wireless settings...

of course, you need to be on the right tariff, etc, so you don't get charged.

And you mentioned routers, a wireless router would let you use wifi, so i guess you have a modem, not a router.

So to summarise,

1. you need to have the correct tariff, so that you dont get charged for using the net.

2. you can turn the mobile network on and off when you feel like it, as it works on the same network your calls do.

3. to use wifi, you need a wireless router.

So much for "Thanks for any advice given"... :huh:

I know this kind of stuff about mobile internet ;) And at the moment i cant afford wireless router, the thing i asking is, is there any possibility that i can surf my phone via USB cable or is there some USB chipsets that can stream wi-fi from my pc to mobile phone ?

THANKS FOR REPLY !

Edited by ilovelg

Guest mixlis
I know this kind of stuff about mobile internet :huh: And at the moment i cant afford wireless router, the thing i asking is, is there any possibility that i can surf my phone via USB cable or is there some USB chipsets that can stream wi-fi from my pc to mobile phone ?

THANKS FOR REPLY !

Well,yes it is possible to use your pc as wifi hotspot using a simple usb wifi card.But with the same money you buy a wifi router,which for sure better

Well,yes it is possible to use your pc as wifi hotspot using a simple usb wifi card.But with the same money you buy a wifi router,which for sure better

how come nobody gets the question?

* there is 1 pc connected to the internet (via cable)

* an android phone connected via usb to that pc

* no wifi connection/routers available

* no gprs connection available

how can the android phone use the pc's internet connection to connect to the internet?

You can't, not unless you either stump up and buy a usb wifi card, or a wireless router.

thanks for the precise answer.

after using android for a while, i begin to appreciate winMo more and more.

Guest Rikki B

I havn't tried this personaly but when I loaded the "LG PC Suite IV" it does give you the option to share your phones 3g with the connected PC if the modem drivers are installed. So maybe it works the other way around also?

Edited by Rikki B

I havn't tried this personaly but when I loaded the "LG PC Suite IV" it does give you the option to share your phones 3g with the connected PC if the modem drivers are installed. So maybe it works the other way around also?

no reverse sorry